Some Spalted Tamerind

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

No fancy work or techniques to show off, but it's interesting how different the spalted tamerind looks between these. All are finished with CA and polished just to a satin sheen. The pictures are a little lousy, but good enough to see the variation. The first is a PSI Executive, the others are the dura-click EDCs, the last 2 being a pen/pencil set.

20230221_191217.jpg

20230221_191108.jpg 20230221_191134.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

No fancy work or techniques to show off, but it's interesting how different the spalted tamerind looks between these. All are finished with CA and polished just to a satin sheen. The pictures are a little lousy, but good enough to see the variation. The first is a PSI Executive, the others are the dura-click EDCs, the last 2 being a pen/pencil set.

View attachment 349519
View attachment 349517 View attachment 349518
Great looking Pens and you have shown the wood off perfectly.

sorcerertd

Great looking pens. Any adivice on turining? The few that I have tried have broke apart on me.
Maybe I was lucky? This wasn't stabilized. I just took light cuts. I'd say use sharp tools, but that's the case with everything. I did use some ultra thin gluboost to help stabilize some soft spots as I turned.

Top Bottom