Some Recent Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Humongous

Humongous

Haven't posted in awhile, I have gone down another rabbit hole that I'll show in a different thread. Still wood but not pen related.

First is a pen for a coworker who is leaving the company for a new opportunity. This is a designer series in Afromosia (AKA African Teak). Since my friend is from Egypt, I worked the colors of the Egyptian flag into the pen with some plastic stock I had. I also added the box made from Ambrosia Maple. This is the first box I have done and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Second is a Trimline in red Spectraply for my wife's quilting teacher. Played with some different shaping on this one to highlight the layers.

Third is a Jr Citizen in Maple burl with bloodwood cap segments. This one makes me mad because the cap segments came out different sizes due to a measuring error. One of those things that just glares at me whenever I see it. No matter how long we do this we still make mistakes. Learn from it, move on and keep improving.

Thanks for looking, as always comments and critique are welcome.

20220425_183647 (1).jpg 20220325_155215.jpg 20211220_130836.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

All very nice, the cap sizes on the Jr Gent are barely noticeable, and I only noticed because you said something.

Larryreitz

Thanks for showing these. They are all excellent, but my personal favorites are the Trimline for it's shape and the Jr Citizen. Like Ken, I didn't notice the size difference in the segments.
Larry

Alan Morrison

I didnt see anything wrong in no.3, looked again when you mentioned it, and still see next to nothing wrong.
I wouldnt mention it again and no-one will notice ( except yourself )
The flag colours really lifts the afromosia and a very neat box to go with it.
Good job, Ken.

Alan

sorcerertd

This one makes me mad because the cap segments came out different sizes due to a measuring error.
It's hardly noticeable, but there's usually room for play in the caps. You could take a little off the top end and reassemble it.

Thank you all, I guess I'm my own worst enemy. Of course that seems to be the consensus with most of us.
This is definitely true for me.

They all look great!

egnald

Thank you all, I guess I'm my own worst enemy. Of course that seems to be the consensus with most of us.
Of course we are! - I still see spots where I bumped a sander into a wall or cracked a piece of moulding or didn't get a corner joint just perfect.
As others have already said, it would not even be noticeable if you had not called it out. I think they are a great batch of pens and the box is really cool. - Dave

Top Bottom