Some recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I haven't posted may pen lately. Between my part time job (3 days a week) and the on going kitchen remodel, I haven't spent much time in the shop turning pens.
Here are a few new styles I have managed to complete over the past month.

celtic.jpg
Celtic pens - L to R; a green cebloplast, serpentine cebloplast, rosewood burl, buckeye burl.

KnArmor.jpg
Knights Armor pen. L to R; creosote bush, IDR, redwood burl, blue buckeye burl, rosewood burl, oak cast in blue PR to fill cracks

S&S.jpg
I really like the new acrylic stars and stripes blanks. They will give me a less expensive alternative to the laser cut version.

SWest.jpg
Southwest pen. One in antler the other in mesquite with turquoise inlay in the worm holes.

victorian.jpg
Victorian pens - L to R; desert ironwood, black and white tru-stone, blue cebloplast, antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Monty - quick q re the stars n stripes. I got some, too, and noticed a big color density variation in the blue. One blank was dark blue and opaque. The next was quite light blue. Thinking I'll need to paint. Did you paint? If so, did you go red, white or blue?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Thanks for the comments guys.

Monty - quick q re the stars n stripes. I got some, too, and noticed a big color density variation in the blue. One blank was dark blue and opaque. The next was quite light blue. Thinking I'll need to paint. Did you paint? If so, did you go red, white or blue?
I painted both the tubes and inside of the blanks white with white spray paint. I was concerned that red or blue would show through the white.

Top Bottom