Some New Casts / Pen Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

Christmas got her way too fast and as usual I found myself behind in getting the family and friends pens finished. Each year I try to gift something new to the family that I cast. It also gives me a chance to try out the new blanks to see if it's worth making to sell.

The First picture is 5 of 30 I made from multicolored casts using large thistle pods. Several hours were spent outside locating, getting stuck with thorns while collecting, then drying and cleaning them. Many times during the process I questioned if the work was worth it but I'm very happy with the results and look forward to playing with more colors to cast them.

The Second picture is a group of Sierra Knurl two tone chrome pens made with the Opal blanks my wife gave to co-workers. I think they resembled Christmas lights and looked great with the tree.

The Last picture is a Jr Aaron made with duck feathers. I had made and set this blank aside for myself but before I could make it, the wife needed a pen for her boss, who loves to duck hunt. Needless to say, it could not have gone to a better home.

Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Christmas Opals.jpg
    Christmas Opals.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Duck Jr.jpg
    Duck Jr.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Christmas got her way too fast and as usual I found myself behind in getting the family and friends pens finished. Each year I try to gift something new to the family that I cast. It also gives me a chance to try out the new blanks to see if it's worth making to sell.

The First picture is 5 of 30 I made from multicolored casts using large thistle pods. Several hours were spent outside locating, getting stuck with thorns while collecting, then drying and cleaning them. Many times during the process I questioned if the work was worth it but I'm very happy with the results and look forward to playing with more colors to cast them.

The Second picture is a group of Sierra Knurl two tone chrome pens made with the Opal blanks my wife gave to co-workers. I think they resembled Christmas lights and looked great with the tree.

The Last picture is a Jr Aaron made with duck feathers. I had made and set this blank aside for myself but before I could make it, the wife needed a pen for her boss, who loves to duck hunt. Needless to say, it could not have gone to a better home.

Happy Holidays!
đź‘Ť

OLIVE WOOD

Happy Holidays!
The Duck pen it's absolutely beautiful

JohnU

Thanks, I appreciate all the feedback!
I tried thistle years ago and didn't have these results. I find myself revisiting ideas and things as my techniques improve with other projects. Besides, need to use up some of the large boxes of dried materials I've collected to justify keeping them. Lol

Top Bottom