Some Gift Sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grebmar

grebmar

I posted my first pens a few months ago, but have been lurking since, although I've been refining my skills. I just finished these two gift sets and thought they turned out rather well. It's my first try with Alumalite, which is easy to turn, but seems to get really fine scratches that were very difficult to get out. I finally went back to 400 and 600 grit sandpaper before micromesh and that seemed to get rid of them.

The purple set is a letter opener and Tetra Chrome pen kit with stylus. The blank is a Pearl Swirl Lilac Mist, from Exotic Blanks
The other set is a Comfort Pen and Pencil set, and New Series Fountain Pen. The blanks are Pearl Swirl Four Color Opal, also from Exotic Blanks.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
đź‘Ť đź‘Ť
Very nice.

Keep playing with your sanding technique, it does become easier as you modify your method. Try to start at the highest grit possible, once sanding scratches are in from lower grits it is a chore to get them out. With Alumilite I prefer to wet sand with Abranet up to 600 or even 800 before wet sanding with Micromesh. I finish with a bit of Meguires Plastx. JMO.

grebmar

Thank you all for your compliments. Mark, thanks for the suggestion on sanding alumilite. I'm slowly building my repertoire of techniques and materials, so I'll be sure to try some arbranet in the future.

Top Bottom