Some Diamonds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

This is my newest attempt at diamonds. I didn't like the diamonds with glue lines so came up with a way to make them in one piece. These are of maple with veneer accents and some mystery wood. I wish I hadn't cut off the tip of that bottom diamond!

Diamond 2.jpg
Diamonds 1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Look at you. You are on a roll. Breaking out all the new ideas. I love the fact that we get to see some new things and get to enjoy things that can be done with such a small canvas to work with. Well done. Hope to see more.

SteveJ

I took this pen with me on a trip and noticed the clip is bent out. Thought I must have bent it while traveling. After Chuck's comment I see the clip was bent when I first put it together. Not sure if I should feel better or worse. Either way I'll have to take it apart when I get home!I'm

Maybe if the call insert pops out I'll put a piece of wood in there. I wonder if I can fashion a diamond to fit....SO MANY IDEAS.....

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Steve, you can dis-assemble the cap by knocking the finial out with a transfer punch. Take the clip off, and bend the ring down a bit. Reassemble the cap. Easy-Peasy!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
It is a beautiful pen Steve. I do admire your precision. Your veneer pattern is different that what I have used, and yours give a very clean look, and the diamonds side corners are excellently placed. Plenty to admire and plenty to be proud of.

jttheclockman

Really is not hard to take the cap portion off. As mention just use a proper transfer punch and pop it out. Now you may need to use some locktite when reassembling because you now stretched the tube the first time. I have a diamond idea I am working on but it is a huge cheat but should look cool. I do not have the time right now to get too deep into segmenting. But have some quick ideas for some pens I want to take with me to my shows this fall.

jttheclockman

I've popped of the final before, but sometimes it pops out the "insert" and if it does this time I'll probably toss it and use a custom final insert.

That-a-boy go all out. Very easy to make a diamond for the finial. Just need to size it right. Then turn round to fit.

Top Bottom