Some Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from duderubble

duderubble

Y'all are definitely gonna get tired of me. These are pens 14-19 for me. I like the antique trims. I wasn't sure about the copper but it looks nice with the black and my daughter immediately claimed it. The antique silver is on a buckeye burl all the rest except the GoPackGo pen are on Rhino blanks. These are a pain in the butt to turn but finish really nicely.

Attachments

• 20200518_204246.jpg
    20200518_204246.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Whaddya mean .... tired .... ?

Never get tired of looking at a pretty pen !!!

Those are very pretty indeed !!

sorcerertd

I think you might have a problem. I know, you can quit any time you want. [emoji6]

Seriously, those are nice looking pens. Cigars are popular and well received. I almost ordered that antiqued finish with my last order.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

duderubble

I think you might have a problem. I know, you can quit any time you want. [emoji6]

Seriously, those are nice looking pens. Cigars are popular and well received. I almost ordered that antiqued finish with my last order.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I can quit. LOL. Get the antique finished set. They are very nice. You just have to find the right blank for the copper. The black was perfect. I was disappointed it was so plain but when I paired it with the copper it made both the blank and the trim better.

qquake

They look very nice. I love cigar pens. I also like Rhino blanks, they're inexpensive but there are some spectacular ones. You're right, they are a challenge to turn. Not as bad as inlace acrylester, but close. They can be "chippy". This happened to me this morning. I was being too aggressive, as usual.

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 134

duderubble

They look very nice. I love cigar pens. I also like Rhino blanks, they're inexpensive but there are some spectacular ones. You're right, they are a challenge to turn. Not as bad as inlace acrylester, but close. They can be "chippy". This happened to me this morning. I was being too aggressive, as usual.

Yep, I had a couple of those. I sprayed with activator, filled with CA, turned and sanded and the repairs were invisible. Just took awhile.

PaulWitmer

Your pens all look very good. I like using the copper for the right blank and it does set the pen and blank off when matched correctly. I like the antique finishes with a number of what I call 'mid toned' woods or plastics and they match is always perfect. I've used the rhino blanks for many years now. Yes, they are 'chippy', but fight the urge to get aggressive with them. They finish off very nicely, and color hues are highlighted well.

sorcerertd

I'm not sure I can quit. LOL. Get the antique finished set. They are very nice. You just have to find the right blank for the copper. The black was perfect. I was disappointed it was so plain but when I paired it with the copper it made both the blank and the trim better.

IMO, Olivewood works well with copper.

Top Bottom