Some Cigar & Stealth pens (w/pics!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dominic Greco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic Greco

Lets Try This again!:D

Here is a picture of (3) Berea Cigar style pens, and (4) PSI Stealth (Comfort, Designer style) pens.

From left to right the woods are Sycamore with Turquoise inlay, Mesquite with Turquoise inlay, Walnut with Turquoise inlay, Zebrawood, Marado, Cherry, and Spalted Birch.

The finish on all but the Zebrawood pen is CA Glue. The Zebrawood pen was a trial with pad lacquer. While it came out OK, next time I'll buy the sealer and apply it first!

See ya around,
Dominic Greco

Image Insert:
200481814711_dg081704.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CL

Thanks Tip, Tom and Jim.

I'm not normaly a morning person, but that laugh has got me going.

Efletche

I had a prblem uploading my picture. Make sure yours is under 90kb in size or it won't load. I was able to do this by reducing picture size.

woodman928

Dominic
Those are some nice looking pens. I really like the Sycamore one didnt know that wood could look so good, glade I didnt get rid of all the scrap I had of that wood.
Jay [^]

Dominic Greco

Originally posted by woodman928
<br />I really like the Sycamore one didn't know that wood could look so good, glade I didn't get rid of all the scrap I had of that wood.
Jay

Jay,
Thanks for the compliments. I was as surprised as you about the Sycamore! A buddy of mine had given me a large slab, and the pen blanks are from all the off-cuts from large bowl blank. I had no idea this wood had so much "character". My wife mistook it for lacewood at first.

Dominic Greco

Originally posted by Scott
<br />Dominic!

These look great! Thanks for showing them! You're getting pretty good with that inlay.
Scott.

Scott,
Thanks for the kind words! My thanks to you on all the help with the CA/BLO finish technique.

tipusnr

Could looking pens. I will have to pick up some of that Merado..is that a normal grain pattern for that type of wood or a particularly high contrast blank.

Dominic Greco

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Could looking pens. I will have to pick up some of that Merado..is that a normal grain pattern for that type of wood or a particularly high contrast blank.
Thanks! This is the first time I've ever used Merado. So I'm not sure if these pieces are truly unique, or just a "standard" for the wood. However, if I do come across some again, I will definitely buy it on the off chance this is the norm. I really love the color and depth of the figure. A CA/BLO glue finish works especially well on this wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom