Solid.wood part II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

One in a series of pen storage cases that I will be doing. "C" is for cedar. Made to hold twenty(20) pens. Oil rubbed finish. Feel free to leave a comment.

P1010010.JPG
P1010008.JPG

P1010002.JPG
P1010003.JPG

P1010013.JPG
P1010019.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

Beautiful box.

Interesting idea with the space that fits a business card.

I have been trying to get my butt into the shop and design a couple of pen cases. You have inspired me to get out there this week.

What do you cover the pen trays in. I was debating between glued on felt, and the flocking kit from Lee Valley.

wood-of-1kind

What do you cover the pen trays in. I was debating between glued on felt, and the flocking kit from Lee Valley.

Hi Darrin,

I like to leave the maple trays unfinished and "unlined". I have used an adhesive backed "velvet" like cloth with some of my other designs that are made of MDF. Sold in roll form from McMaster-Carr.

darrin1200

Hi Darrin,

I like to leave the maple trays unfinished and "unlined". I have used an adhesive backed "velvet" like cloth with some of my other designs that are made of MDF. Sold in roll form from McMaster-Carr.

Thanks for the tip. I would have thought pen collectors would prefer the protection provided by a soft material.
I have a pen dealer that is interested in handmade cases. I will have to ask them what type of an interior finish their customers prefer.

Lee Valley carries both the velvet and the spray flocking. I think I might give the flocking a try just because its application method sounds intriguing.

Top Bottom