**** Sold **** Rhino Plastic Pen Blanks Less that $1.00 Per Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

I have 3 groups of Rhino Plastic pen blanks for sale. Each group has 45 pen blanks, I am asking for $40 per group, plus actual shipping cost via Pirate shipping. These are Rhino "seconds" I purchased several years ago from a seller on eBay. I purchased 500 blanks from them and have turned 200+ with only a couple of issues (pin hole / void in turned tube that was easily addressed). What makes these blanks "seconds" is that while they are the normal length (5"), they are not always square as those dimensions range from about 3/4" to sometimes a bit over 1". They also may not have the normal color swirls / distribution for a particular Rhino "model". They are still the same quality as far as drilling and turning them and they polish up beautifully. These are perfect for slimline, cigars, sierras, etc. that you might give away to family and friends where you want to keep your cost of materials economical. I have included a picture of a few of the pens I have made using these blanks.

I am trying to reduce my stock of pen making materials to a more manageable level so I am selling these now. I think I distributed the various colors evenly between the 3 groups, but you can claim the actual group pictured by the picture's file name. Please claim in this thread and PM me your full shipping address so I can get you the actual shipping cost. Payment via PayPal, family and friends is preferred. Thanks, David

Attachments

• Rhino Group 1.jpg
    Rhino Group 1.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 142
  • Rhino Group 2.jpg
    Rhino Group 2.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Rhino Group 3.jpg
    Rhino Group 3.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 130
  • Example Pens.jpg
    Example Pens.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

Heh, that's timing. I just used one of those patterns today. I'll take group 1

For those who bought these Rhino blanks, just know that they are fairily brittle so be patient with the blanks. They are easy to blow out when drilling, it's almost like the bottom want to break apart. Look good when finished though.

For those who bought these Rhino blanks, just know that they are fairily brittle so be patient with the blanks. They are easy to blow out when drilling, it's almost like the bottom want to break apart. Look good when finished though.
Are these any more brittle than the rhino blanks currently available at other sellers? If these are the same, then I know I will be fine.

David350

These blanks turn just like the Rhino blanks that are sold by PSI, Exotic Blanks, etc. While they are not as easy to turn as aluminite (what blank is?), I have found them to be very predictable and straight forward using a round carbide cutter. I set my tool rest up just a fraction under center, hold my tool at a compound angle, and get nothing but ribbons as in the attached pictures. I recently timed myself and found that I can usually turn (not including sanding and polishing) a single blank in 4-5 minutes which I feel is a reasonable amount of time for turning.

I also as a standard procedure for any blank, "plastic" or wood, never drill through the bottom of the blank. I always stop just short and trim off the bottom at the miter saw. Additionally, as with any blank, I go slow, with frequent clean out of the drilled material to prevent build up of pressure inside the blank as I approach the bottom of the blank...

Attachments

• Rhino1.jpg
    Rhino1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Rhino2.jpg
    Rhino2.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 33
  • Rhino3.jpg
    Rhino3.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom