Social distancing my pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

I'm getting ready to send a pen to a coworker for his father-in-law that's undergoing chemotherapy. I will be wiping the pen down with a Clorox wipe and will be wearing a mask and gloves while packing. I'm thinking I can't be too careful. Any one else doing this on pens they ship?

Will be including a note about the precautions taken.

(Not sealed with a kiss. :). )

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ramaroodle

Thanks for the idea. I just made 25 engraved pens for my son's co-workers and was about to ship them out. I will pull them out of the baggies and wipe them with gloves on.

keithbyrd

I am understanding that Covid 19 doesn't live that long to justify doing that. Perhaps on the outside packaging from being handled by others. I wipe down packages that I receive before bringing them in the house but don't worry about the contents.

Gregf

From the CDC,
"Current evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2 may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials."
Non-porous materials especially, I think. The pens I'm sending are cast, and they will get them within a couple of days. If the chance is greater than 0.0000 it's too much for me.

Overkill is a bad choice of words here, but..... 😉

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'd stick in a note for your coworker to wipe it down before giving it to his FIL...the risk is probably small but the consequences could be great.

keithbyrd

From the CDC,
"Current evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2 may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials."
Non-porous materials especially, I think. The pens I'm sending are cast, and they will get them within a couple of days. If the chance is greater than 0.0000 it's too much for me.

Overkill is a bad choice of words here, but..... 😉
I agree - caution is good!

I've got a box of knife blanks (250 folding pocket knives) coming from China that I ordered way back in early September (I sure wish a U.S. based company would start up). The shipping box will be wiped off and then will sit in the garage for probably 2 weeks before I even consider opening it. I've known of a lot of people that are doing this so I'll take their example and run with it. My wife wipes down the inside containers for her card making supplies before bringing them in the house. I guess the old adage "Better to be safe than sorry" holds true today.

ramaroodle

I am understanding that Covid 19 doesn't live that long to justify doing that. Perhaps on the outside packaging from being handled by others. I wipe down packages that I receive before bringing them in the house but don't worry about the contents.
My wife's a nurse so there's no negotiation since they are going to my son.;):)

Top Bottom