So What Does Your Backyard Look Like Today?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

Tried hanging out the white flag to let Mother Nature know that we surrendered but of course she couldn't see it because of all the snow blowing around. The first photo shows our backyard at a good moment. There are times when I can't see the trees because the winds are howling.

Now if I could just see through the snow banks to get out of my lane way! Nowhere left to blow the snow out front. And the craft brewery just down the road has 2 new releases but I can' together there. Now that just isn't fair!

Michael

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Mike Powell

This is a photo taken by Marc Mckeny. I don't have any I've taken on this computer. Got a lot of the boardwalk, the fireworks every Friday night in June. All the sailboats. Plenty of good fishing spots. For those who don't know the area, the Boardwalk is just on the other side of the bridge in the first photo

Thanks Bud, its been 2 years since I have been home. I cant wait till the fall when I get to retire and move back for good. When I was younger. I always said I would never move back there, now that I am older, I realize, like Dorthy, There's no place like home!:laugh:

I grew up on Holland Rd, appearantly there is a new Outlet Mall there and a Bucky's.

Last edited:

GoodTurns

flew in from Florida last Tuesday...this was view from window...that's not clouds...it's the runway!

Attachments

• runway.jpg
    runway.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 115

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Tried hanging out the white flag to let Mother Nature know that we surrendered but of course she couldn't see it because of all the snow blowing around. The first photo shows our backyard at a good moment. There are times when I can't see the trees because the winds are howling.

Now if I could just see through the snow banks to get out of my lane way! Nowhere left to blow the snow out front. And the craft brewery just down the road has 2 new releases but I can' together there. Now that just isn't fair!

Michael

OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO! Wow a blast of a time was had there - Motocross School in Chatsworth - 3 summers with my son. We even visited the emergency room in Owen Sound... Separated shoulder after the bike became possessed and turned evil :eek:

ttpenman

We've had quite a Winter. Few weeks ago got a 31" storm, lots more before and since. Coldest Winter I can remember -- 17 below last night, -7 right now (1 pm) and it has been like this a lot!! Had quite a few days with HIGHS that are below zero. Schools have had several days off because of low temps. I'm sick of it!! Don't like Winters much any year but this one has been way too long. The real bad part is that is only January!! Long way to go.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

PTsideshow

Added about 3.5" by 2 pm, then started to change to sleet and rain and now back to sleet. temps up to a balmy 34°F. Glad I got the second bag of Calcium Chloride yesterday:biggrin: may need it.

:clown:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Has not gotten here yet!

Sleet, and the snow packs are melting... then flooding... Week will be interesting.

PTsideshow

They just changed the forecast, and the penmakerts to the south of the Mi/Ohio line are going to get more than us Now for our area its 4 to 6.5" by wed morning.:rolleyes:

Ambidex

They just readjusted the track again you guys south of Michigan are going to get hit harder they first thought.!

As a nw Ohio'er that used to make a trip to Cadillac. Houghton Lake or the best..Newberry in the UP..not to mention Copper Harbour..holy crap..wish I'd have stayed young and still had all my sleds..:biggrin:..we have 6-14 coming in tonight.. and the best is this Sunday it's supposed to get bad..:confused::confused::eek:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Here... 25 miles south of Cleveland... at 8:30 Pm it is just starting to snow... predicted 6" by morning and a bit more tomorrow... Well, I'm up at 4 AM to plow, so... see ya!!!

PTsideshow

It didn't start here till around 7:30am then it came down about 6 inches before drifting. Even though they said less. Just enough time to clean it up for the next batch sat/more on su.
Hope that 1964 craftsman no safeties thrower lasts the winter!:rolleyes: sure does the job better than the newer version.

Rob73

I have a early 70's snow thrower.. Would not mind restoring it as it's still a beast compared to the garbage they sell these days, too old to get parts for it though :mad:

Hope that 1964 craftsman no safeties thrower lasts the winter!:rolleyes: sure does the job better than the newer version.

PTsideshow

I have a early 70's snow thrower.. Would not mind restoring it as it's still a beast compared to the garbage they sell these days, too old to get parts for it though :mad:

You would be surprised, depending on the brand they are available. Engine problems, I changed the engine to a Honda clone from Harbor Freight a couple years ago. Starts every time even this winter with the temps real low single digits. Can't beat the price on sale with the 25% coupon. You can get engine parts from any dealers that sells parts for the honda engines. Chains and links and repair links are they same you only need the chain so they can match up the link size.
For info, collectors and finding parts dealers this is the best http://http://www.smokstak.com/forum/

You can make up new ski's for the bottom or slider bars from the cutting board material. This one caught a corner of a section of phone pole log, bent up the spiral, some torch heat and a couple of large crescents tweaked the blades back into shape.
Biggest problem this year seems to be snapping links in the chains, I buying two at a time to have extra's on hand!:wink:

PTsideshow

Wasn't my intention but ok also have one of those 5hp rated snappers that the slider blade wears away and the rubber blades disappear with use. The last time I bought a new set of the rubbers I traced their pattern on to some sintra plastic with holes and the bottom some sheet rubber multiply diaphragm material and now I cut my own since, my parents have the same one it does save a bunch on buying the replacement ones.
I keep the old one running for the heavy snow and icey snows.:biggrin:

Snow is a 4 letter word

Went back and picked up this old thread... we got a pretty good snow here last night... really a little unusual for my part of east Tennessee... being a deep south boy, it's not a favorite time for me... a couple pictures of the yard this morning....

Attachments

• Snow-2014_00.JPG
    Snow-2014_00.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Snow-2014_04.JPG
    Snow-2014_04.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Snow-2014_06.JPG
    Snow-2014_06.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Snow-2014_07.JPG
    Snow-2014_07.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Snow-2014_11.JPG
    Snow-2014_11.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 65

PTsideshow

I have to say that I am enjoying the break in the action here and feel for you guys that are getting dumped on and not really. I thought most of the states south of the Mason/Dixon had laws require all cars to have tire chains, well now they are cable chains. I know when I was stationed in WVa @ a naval radio station both Va and WVa you had to have them. I still have a set here in Michigan, have only used them once in 35 years. But I was the only thing moving:wink:

fisher

Not the back yard .it's my street with a snowman made in the middle ,neighborhood kid's.We don't hardly ever get snow like this .

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Don't you just hate when snowmen play in the middle of the road. We had about 2 inches of snow last night it was replaced by 2 inches of water in spots.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well the Detroit area has won the weather bureau's top spot as the snowiest city in the US after last's nights 4.5" :rolleyes:

My condolences... :frown: I am not a snow hater... But I'm certainly ready for this to end. In my - business Day care centers - (2, with 180 kids/ 40 teachers), snow days at the centers are... "interesting!" :eek:

So, this AM (I open one center at 5:45 AM), I left early to make sure everything was in order. At 5:00 AM our drive had 3", so not bad - I drove off in my AWD Subaru. HEAVY snow started immediately. So Wifey had to fend for herself - she is very independent, so no issue. She got the plow started and went through 6" of snow at 7:00 AM. (I'll cook dinner tonight :rolleyes:).

PS... Our driveway is 120 yards long through heavy woods; takes a while. I had a plow truck for 15 years...

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Top Bottom