So there I was...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I had already used the DC twice that day, and went to turn it on again, and it kind of gave me a little ugh... I tried again (boy that switch feels wierd), and it kind of ugh'd at me again. (what is the deal with that switch, feels kind of... wait... What's that smell?)... Try that switch one more time... nope, just an ugh... (what is that smell, smells like... ozone and burn plastic?)
Well, must be the switch, I'll pull it out that look at it, yup, melted....

I melted the power switch for my HF DC today. Shouldn't be a problem getting a new switch that will work, right???? Somebody tell me I can get a new swich as Lowes, or something? Please????

The motor kept turning over when the switch made, so I know the motor's okay, but I hope that the switch melted because it's a chinese made piece of ..... you know. If not, I'm going to have to take a break from woodworking for awhile, and that's just NOT an option!!

Any opinions?!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
If it's just the switch, take a $10 bill to the hardware store (where you might find someone who knows what they are doing) and get a new switch. I replaced mine a year or so ago with no problem.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Dave,

I think Lou is on the right track. My Carbatec lathe kept blowing the on/off switch. I bought a heavier duty switch at a hardware store, and have not had another moments problem.

low_48

Bypass the switch and give it a try. You could always add a handy metal box with a double throw switch mounted somewhere else on the machine.

woodwish

Had a good friend that worked in a small appliance repair shop, he told me that at least 90% of what came in "broke" only needed a new switch. That was especially true of any machine around sawdust. He refers to the switches as job security for his business.

Woodnknots

I went to my local woodcraft today, just on the off chance they may have something to work. I talked to the owner, and he went through his box of warranty stuff, and found a jet switch that will fit, and is much more hearty than the one that broke. I asked him what he wanted for it, he said "just keep buying stuff from me..." I did, I bought a can of RenWax. Never used it before, I hear it's good stuff...
I'll install the switch when I get home, and should be up and running again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom