SNOW !!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

We got about 12" of snow here the other day.
Normally, it would shut down everything around here.
I was mildly surprized to see a snow plow the same day the storm hit actually plowing our neighborhood.
They really did a good job getting the streets clear this time.

Next time, we might not be so lucky.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
At least someones getting some snow. I live in the Rockies (5400' level) and usually by now we have, on average, 6-7' of snow on the ground. Last year at this time we had 13'. We've had probably 18" since September and right now we have a lot of dirt showing. I don't mind though as when it does snow I have to plow our two mile road.

Woodchipper

Just the mention of snow shuts down everything around SE TN. Snow flurries predicted the end of next week with low temps.
Ohio DOT, at one time, had the crews on call 24/7 from October 1st to April 1st. I recall seeing salt trucks and plows sitting at major intersections in Columbus on Saturday nights, waiting to get a dusting of snow to start plowing and salting. The attitude here is, "The Lord giveth; the Lord taketh away."

CREID

did the mayor move into your neighborhood?

Someone that's a biggie sure as heck did. We never got a plow any faster than a week after any snow storm before. :wink:
This happened up around or in Seattle once. I vaguely remember a lot of flack about someone getting their street plowed and others didn't. I don't live up there anymore so I don't know if it still happens. :eek:

mecompco

We've had, perhaps, a foot here in Central Maine. Lots of cold, though. I'm sure there'll be at least another couple of feet before the end.

Top Bottom