Snakeskin Chrome Citizen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

I purchased this blank from Don Ward (It's Virgil) in June. Turned and polished very easily.

I think the Citizens are an excellent and affordable way to get into fountain pens. I have found the stock nibs to write very well.

Attachments

• Don Wards Snakeskin Citizen Chrome.jpg
    Don Wards Snakeskin Citizen Chrome.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen Tony (and Don).

I have just started to play with the few fountain pens I have, and have been very frustrated - OK, a learning curve). I may give the Citizen a try.

Thanks for sharing.

jttheclockman

That came out real nice. Don is the king when it comes to snakeskins. I have never had the pleasure but all the times I have seen these his work stands out. That is a nice shine on that one for sure. Whatever method you are using works well. Thanks for showing.:)

TonyL

Something that you can't tell from the picture is that it is possible to line-up the patterns. The skins are cast perfectly plumb. I want to make sure that I credit Don for perfect casts.
Just line any patterned blank, it is not always so easy to find the thread and barrel starting point so that the pattern matches when fully threaded (capped). I tried a half-dozen times and got "close" (only good in game of horse shoes and hand grenades) :).

Top Bottom