Smitty's Pen Works Buyer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I announced about a year ago that I would be retiring at the end of this year, I will be 79 years old and starting to feel some of the infirmaries of old age.

Any way, I am happy to announce today that Dawn and Ed at axoticblanks will be assuming ownership of Smitty's Pen Works. Dawn and Ed have been suppliers of some items for me for years and we have collaborated in a few joint efforts so they are pretty familiar with Smitty's. As most of you know Ed and Dawn are very committed to customer service and providing value for your dollars.

I will remain open and in fact will add a new version of the Le Roi Elegant until near the end of the year or the early part of next year while we get everything moved to Racine.

Ed and Dawn will let you know what to expect after the change, they are getting the rights to my domain name and may still make use of it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

WOW! Now that is transparency!! From great vendor to a great vendor.. whatta deal.. :good:
You deserve a rest - enjoy!! :cool:
Thanks for all you have done and what you have meant to IAP. Now, maybe you will have more time to harass everyone here!! :smile-big:
Gordon

mecompco

Smitty, that is great news! One of my favorite vendors absorbs another of my favorites. A win-win situation if ever there was one. Enjoy your retirement!

Regards,
Michael

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations, Leroy - and also to Dawn & Ed!

Here's to many happy years of retirement.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have known about this for some time, so we have a pretty good transition planned.

At present, similar to "Wooden Wonders" category on Exotics--the CA glue operation that we acquired from Monty, we plan to have a "Smitty" category, that will show all the products that LeRoy has, as well as the same pricing policies he has employed in the past. We hope to keep Smitty involved in the "fun part" of the business--people to people, while Dawn and I will handle the mundane---shipping, receiving, etc.

We expect to maintain all his product lines and will have his assistance when we need to reorder--so there is no risk of purchasing products now that will become "discontinued"!

We will keep you informed, we are grateful to Smitty for all the interaction we have enjoyed and hope to keep him out of trouble, even after the first of the year. But that really depends on what HE WANTS to do.

Looking forward to the new year!!

Dawn & Ed

tbroye

Smitty

That is a win win for the community. Hate to see you retire but look forward to your comments from time to time. Ed and Dawn are great vendors so no one looses. My pen make hobby may be transferred to Boise Idaho in the near future. I to am getting older and it's harder to spend the time in shop and my interest has waned. My 15 year old Grandson is interested in taking it up so instead of him or his parents having to invest the money in tools and inventory I may put it all in the back of my pickup and take it to him. I have many other interests so I am not heading for the rocking chair.

ttpenman

Hope you enjoy a long, happy retirement. You certainly deserve it. Now all your great products will be moving to (almost) my back yard.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

jimofsanston

Congrats Smitty on the retirement. Now you will have no excuses to start turning some of those pen's you been selling to us. We will expect some great lookers now that you will have more time to turn. :)

Top Bottom