Smitty's Jr. Gent I Instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rogerpjr

My daughter wanted me to make up a bunch of pens for her store so I dug through my stash of kits. I found a bag of Smitty's Jr. Gent I titanium gold rollerball kits that I had bought in the group buy many years ago. Problem is I have no instructions. I downloaded the Caballero instructions and another for what are supposedly the same pen from China but neither match the parts that are in the kits I have.

Does anyone have the original instructions for these kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Try this - it's from the IAP Bushing & Tubes App. Is this what you need?

Attachments

• Caballero1.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 214

rogerpjr

Thanks all. Between the 3 instructions I was able to figure out which way the trim rings went and how everything fit together. Interesting that none of the bushing sizes shown matched each other or the set I have. But that doesn't matter as I only use them as a rough guide as I measure the parts first that would go next to the bushing. Also, as I do a bunch of metalworking as well, the measurements were only different by a thou or two which could be a lot when fitting precision metal parts together. Now I just got to get busy turning.

sbwertz

They are nice kits...I've done a bunch of them and we have made a lot of them at the blind center.

gimpy

1606585061052.png

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank You!!! Terry

I was not aware of an early version of the caballero----Please do NOT use those measurements for the current pen!!!

I met Smitty on-line when he joined the IAP. Shortly thereafter, he stopped having his kits made by Rizheng (The RZ in the bushings indicates they were the manufacturer) because of inconsistent quality. So all the products we handle that are SPW will have different specs.

oh, the baron is NOT the same kit--specs are different, although close, but the baron is made by Berea's captive manufacturer. I don't believe they make pens for anyone else, except Berea.

Top Bottom