Small print dust collector

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I'm giving thought to replacing the PSI with a vertical unit. The PSI dust bag is in the way. I'm setting up in a one car garage and want to tighten up the space. Suggest a good quality upright unit that will stand in the corner. Thanks. Frank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

When I was looking for a small one, I liked the Grizzly G0710 wall hanger, $200

I never got it, but it was my choice, but never moved in to the smaller pla.ce

Pen Joe

I got one just like the photo in the post above at Harbor Freight, looks just like the Grizzly, I mounted it on the wall next to the Lathe, got a clothes driver vent hose, removed the screens in the suction, found that the long slivers will stop them up, it really works nice, sucks everything up, got to hang on to the 1,200 sand paper small pieces they vanish quickly.

Buckmark13

I got one just like the photo in the post above at Harbor Freight, looks just like the Grizzly, I mounted it on the wall next to the Lathe, got a clothes driver vent hose, removed the screens in the suction, found that the long slivers will stop them up, it really works nice, sucks everything up, got to hang on to the 1,200 sand paper small pieces they vanish quickly.
You may not have had it long enough to notice, but if so I'm curious if you find the bags are fine enough to filter out the smaller dust particles as well or does it just catch the bigger stuff?

I too have a very small space and am currently using a shop vac. I've been back and forth between a dust collector and a ceiling hung filter with a finer filter. I do a lot of bowls and work with green wood, so that doesn't generate to much fine dust. It's the dry wood and sanding that's frustrating and what I'm more concerned about.

JimB

The Grizzly has a 30 micron bag and the Harbor Freight 5 Micron. Neither is good enough to capture the finest dust particles from sanding. You want 1 micron or better.

WriteON

It's similar to a few other of the compact models. I think I saw an Oneida that was nearly the same. Aside from the quietness, it doesn't seem to have the big initial current draw most other dust collectors I've had in the past have. Handy if you don't have 30 amp breakers everywhere.

Top Bottom