Small lided boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

alxe24

Here are the first lided boxes I've done. They took me a lot of time but they were fun to make and a good learning experience. I hope I can make quite a few more some to keep and some as give away for X-Mas
Thanks for looking and commenting
First is Afzelia X-Lay Evony and Box Elder for the little ball at the top.

2007102791520_Afzelia-box-01.jpg

2007102791534_Afzelia-box-02.jpg

This one is Buck eye

2007102791620_Box-elder-box-02.jpg

2007102792117_Box-elder-box-01.jpg

And this one is plain Cherry with Ebony finial

200710279223_Cherry-box-01.jpg

2007102792217_Cherry-box-02.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very well done I love them, the minis just are so darned cute(in a manly voice "I mean cool" LOL. I'm going to try a few of these boxes myself soon I hope. Keep up the great work, Victor

Very well done I love them, the minis just are so darned cute(in a manly voice "I mean cool" LOL. I'm going to try a few of these boxes myself soon I hope. Keep up the great work, Victor

alxe24

Thanks guys. They are cute I mean COOL.
Leap I can sell you a big quarter for 50 Cents.
Thank for the comments
Alex

ahoiberg

nice work alex. i'm also curious about the knobs. do you drill a hole to fit those in or turn a hole (for a separate turn on the collet chuck?) or glue wood on to turn with the rest of the lid or what?

alxe24

Originally posted by louisbry

Your mini lidded boxes are very nicely turned and finished. Did you turn the knobs for the lids separately?

Originally posted by ahoiberg

nice work alex. i'm also curious about the knobs. do you drill a hole to fit those in or turn a hole (for a separate turn on the collet chuck?) or glue wood on to turn with the rest of the lid or what?

Yes. They are turned separatly from the lid. I drilled the lids to fit the knobs and glued them in place.
Thanks

Lathemaster

Great job on the boxes. I love each one.

One photo observation. Your background detracts from the features of the turning. A good photo gray background or even an off-white might enhance the grain in your work.

My 2 cents.

Again great turning
Cheers
Mike

alxe24

Originally posted by HotJoe

Great job on the boxes. I love each one.

One photo observation. Your background detracts from the features of the turning. A good photo gray background or even an off-white might enhance the grain in your work.
Thanks for the ovservation. I think you are right. I don't know if I really like that backdrop or have being to lazy to look for something that would complement the work as supposed of detract. I'll look for something else.
Thanks again to averyone for your thoughts.

Top Bottom