Slow turn - flagpole project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pen_man_ship

Pen_man_ship

Hello all,
I cut this 28' Fir tree 17 months ago, sealed the ends, removed the bark, and hung it level in the barn.
Pen sales were slow last month so I decided to finish the project.
I used a power planner to do the wood removal followed up with sanders.
Today was the test to see if it fits and is straight but more importantly can I physically handle it?
I said to my wife many times...if it turns out bad we'll have some white firewood.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20210618_1052391_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20210618_1052391_rewind.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Looks good. Does it take a click or twist to raise the flag? :)

I remember seeing a Wooden Boat magazine where they took a sanding belt and flipped the grit side in and somehow drove it with a drum on a drill. With the belt covering half the mast they could walk the length sanding and rounding as they went.

Nice flag pole... that is a pretty setting you have for the pole....

One of my favorite shows is "Main Cabin Masters" on Monday nights.... wish it didn't get so cold in Maine, wouldn't mind living there... looks like a beautiful state.... but being a hybrid lizard, I can't take much cold... I'm about as far north as I ever plan to go.

But looks like you have a beautiful place.

Pen_man_ship

Nice flag pole... that is a pretty setting you have for the pole....

One of my favorite shows is "Main Cabin Masters" on Monday nights.... wish it didn't get so cold in Maine, wouldn't mind living there... looks like a beautiful state.... but being a hybrid lizard, I can't take much cold... I'm about as far north as I ever plan to go.

But looks like you have a beautiful place.
Thank you for your kind comment on our lower yard. I call it the lower yard as the squirrels can't seem to get along with the front yard gang.
Where we live, along the coast doesn't get as cold as you might think. Go inland twenty miles and it's a different story.

Top Bottom