Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hubert H

Hubert H

This is a pen I have made for a young man who is in his second year of med-school. His mother came in with some wood for a pen she wanted me to make. He saw one somewhat like this one and wanted one made. It is made from cross cut Bolivian Rosewood on a Rhodium Slim Line. It really feels pretty nice in the hand even though it doesn't look like it would.
*Hubert's pen #2.jpg
*Hubert's pen #1.jpg
The ends are made from Ebony.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

My guess is involuted turning with the inner pen being inserted after reversing and boring but I too would like to know "how to"

Hubert H

Yes, it is the inside-out method of turning. I don't know of any other pen turner using this method but I'm sure many could. This is the type of pen I made to join Pen Makers Guild. I have been turning pens using this method for some time now. If you go on YouTube and search for inside-out wood turning, several different tutorials will come up. Most of them are for Christmas ornaments. It is a little more challenging to make a pen blank using the inside out method but if you enjoy a challenge – go for it and enjoy your pen. Thanks for the comments.

sorcerertd

OK, so from the post title, I was expecting something slimmer. LOL. Seriously though, that's pretty cool. I do recall seeing some Christmas ornaments that used this method, but hadn't looked further into it. I'm not quite there yet. Nice work!

Top Bottom