Slimline Wine Cork

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

A custom order for a engineer with large hands. Wanted the pen to be LONG to fit. Made it long. The trick was the spent wine cork fitting to slimline specs. '' Pens - 4-12-13 Custom Cork Flowers 1.jpg

Pens - 4-12-13 Custom Cork Flowers 2.jpg

Pens - 4-12-13 U.S.S. California set 1.jpg

Pens - 4-12-13 U.S.S. California set 2.jpg
The second set features wood from the deck of the U.S.S. California. The California was a battleship what was sunk at Pearl Harbor. It was raised and sailed to Puget Sound under its own power to be refurbished. After refurbishment it was too large to sail through the Panama Canal and was restricted to the Pacific. It went on to fight in several major sea battles. It was finally put to rest and scrapped in 1952.
The wood was impregnated with tar which 'gummed' up the sand paper, even after rubbing in alcohol. Need to set a price on the pen and pencil set.

USNGSCS

As a proud member of the U.S. Navy, I have to say that is a special set. I have been to Pearl Harbor twice and am always humbled by the history there. I would be very interested in learning how you came by the wood.

theidlemind

I like the cigar set.
You can eliminate that powdery look at the couplings/hardware if you do your CA finish and polishing without the bushings.
Just roll your micro pads over the edges. Just be careful to not cut through the CA.

Top Bottom