Slimline Unlimited Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Coming in 3rd place with this beautiful pen......
Pine Cone Body & Cap Cocobolo Band-1.jpg

was SteveAxelrod!

Coming in 2nd place with this beautiful pen......
2016-02-03 09.32.58_kindlephoto-9110269 (238x1280).jpg

was terryq!

And finally in 1st place with this beautiful pen.....
stripe 1.jpg

was John Smith!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Congratulations to the winners and a hearty Thank You to all those who entered the contest.

John Smith

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Never expected a first place win. Thanks to everyone that voted for my pen. There were some really great pens this year.

Special thanks to Derek for running the best contest of them all.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congrats too the top winners! Excellent job!

(oh, you rock also Derek :biggrin: - As usual, a mighty fine job with the contests!)

SteveAxelrod

Well it's certainly an honor to be ranked amongst an international group of talented pen artists, especially having only begun turning 4 months ago and having turned less than 2 dozen pens. To be able to take a pine cone after the squirrels have gnawed it to the core and create something of beauty is a wonder and every pen I've turned has been an adventure with a prize at the end. Gotta love pen turning!! Thanks again for the honor and thanks to Derek for running the contest.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations to all the winners - awesome pens guys!

I'm especially glad to see one of our newer members place in this contest. Hopefully, seeing some of our new turners doing well in several of the competitions will encourage others to jump into future contests.

jttheclockman

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Never expected a first place win. Thanks to everyone that voted for my pen. There were some really great pens this year.

Special thanks to Derek for running the best contest of them all.

That was for sure the knock out pen in my mind. You have to give us a little more insight to the method used here. Is that individual woods stacked and cut and then cut in half and matched end for end to make the chevron pattern??? If you want to keep your method a secret I understand. It is a cool effect. Congrats on the win and congrats to the other winners as well.

John Smith

You hit the nail on the head John. Strips of veneer glued up into a stack. Then cut on an angle ,and glued to make the chevron. Thst was the tricky part to get the veneers to line up on both sides of the pen.

Top Bottom