Slimline Pro Click Kit issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RGABEL

Recently purchased some Slimline Pro Click Gel kits from Rockler. Put the first one together and the tip does not extend very far. Any thoughts on what I might have done or how to fix it?
20210508_205330.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RGABEL

I read that might be the case. I had 6 blanks prepped for assembly. I trimmed one of the other kits some (saw lots of brass shavings coming off the trimmer) and it was better, but still needs some more. I will likely need to trim the remainder blanks even more, turn them again so they are the correct diameter and refinish. Checked elsewhere and this seems to be a common problem.

Funny part is they mention to not over trim the blanks as this will cause issues, when it appears that is exactly what you need to do.

magpens

As Ken requested, it would help to see a picture of the whole pen with the refill extended.

I have made many of the Slimline Pro with the 8 mm tubes and the plastic click mechanism.

Never had any problems whatsoever, making the pens while following the instructions closely.
I bought mine from PSI. . I strongly suspect that Rockler gets theirs from PSI also.

Using digital calipers, make sure the length of the blank is correct. I try to measure the tubes before assembly for reference, then write the length down in the instructions. It doesn't take much to alter the amount of the refill sticking out.

KenB259

I'm a little confused by you saying there was lots of brass coming off, but still needing more trimming. Can you show us a prepped blank before any trimming? Maybe the tubes that were supplied with the kit are wrong. I have never seen that but it could happen. Most instructions , if not all, note the length.

Last edited:
Top Bottom