Slimline finial fit problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

Haven't done a slimline in a very long time. Recently found that the finial appears to be too big for the standard clip - same problem with a music themed clip I tried.
Drilling out the hole in the clip is doable but has anyone else had to do this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

I have had that problem with slims with the rhodium plating. My fix was to drill out the small end of an old cigar center bushing so that it fits over the part of the finial that is pressed into the tube. Put the clip on the finial as far as you can and then use the bushing with your pen press to press it home. Had to do that this morning, as a matter of fact.

tomas

Haven't done a slimline in a very long time. Recently found that the finial appears to be too big for the standard clip - same problem with a music themed clip I tried.
Drilling out the hole in the clip is doable but has anyone else had to do this?

I just carefully press it on with my pen press. I also use a touch of LockTite blue and these finials.

Tomas

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I kept a Dremel next to my pen press (actually an arbor press). A few passes on the inside of the ring, top fits great.

Yes, loctite is a good idea on all clips--as they wear they are prone to spinning.

zig613

I use a piece of 600 grit sand paper wrapped around a transfer punch and sandy lightly and I always use "blue" Loctite on all parts (finale, clips and nibs) during the assembly regardless of the kit.

Wade

Top Bottom