Slimline Deco assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

The Woodcraft instructions cover a wide range of pens. However, the Deco, 142506, has me both surprised and puzzled. The two barrels are 2.095 and 3.364 in length. Which is for the nib and for the cap? The cap has a screw and it looks like the clip can move to accomodate different thicknesses of clothing, etc. Your help is most appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EdM

Deco Style Pens142505, 142506, 142507560
"Due to a change by the manufacturer these pen kits now contain two diffrent length tubes. The longer tube must be used for the lower barrel when assembling the pens.We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, please feel free to returnit for a full refund, credit, or exchange. "

EdM

Looking at the 77A36 instructions downloadable from the Woodcraft site, I do not see any screw in the cap.
Do you have an updated instruction sheet ?
Perhaps a call or email to their customer support would be of use here ?

BTW - I grew up in Queens, Union Tpke, City line area.

Ed

Woodchipper

Plan on calling WC CS tomorrow. Thanks again. The 77A36 is a general instruction sheet for all Slimlines.
Almost neighbors- lived not far from the LIE, the world's longest parking lot, about two miles from the 69th St. exit. We were in Elmhurst; one block west was Maspeth, two blocks south was Middle Village. I was told by a former resident of my neighborhood that Maspeth's line was moved about two or three streets over.

magpens

@Woodchipper
Woodcraft instructions ... [for] ... the Deco, 142506, has me both surprised and puzzled. The two barrels are 2.095 and 3.364 in length. Which is for the nib and for the cap?

Something about those numbers ... should the second tube be 2.364 in length ?? Otherwise total pen length would be over 6" incl. nib and finial.

@EdM
"Deco Style Pens142505, 142506, 142507560
"Due to a change by the manufacturer these pen kits now contain two diffrent length tubes. The longer tube must be used for the lower barrel when assembling the pens.We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, please feel free to returnit for a full refund, credit, or exchange. " "

A quick look on woodcraft.com ... can't see that info ... could you please give the link where you got this.

BTW ... Woodcraft price for that kit is $12.62 ... incredibly expensive for a slimline style pen kit ... just an observation

EdM

scroll down to the "DETAILS" section. A link to the 77A36 instructions is there....

Woodchipper

It's a close out if I recall. I can access the instructions for that particular pen but can't download them to print them. I have the 77A36 instructions. Not a problem in assembly but still want to know what the screw in the cap is for. It looks like the clip is hinged. Is the screw to adapt to different thicknesses of clothing?
Edit- Just talked with W- the screw holds the cap and clip together. Just wanted to make sure. Didn't want to assemble it and have to disassemble it. Things like make me grouchy, according to my wife.

Last edited:
Top Bottom