Slightly better pic of my first pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DennisM

DennisM

Ok here is a have way ok pic of the first pens I did last week, Still working on the lighting and camera settings.. Comments and insults welcomed... :)

Attachments

• DSC00119.jpg
    DSC00119.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paprgypc

comments

I am new to pen making. Actually, I don't make the pens but supply the wood. So I will ask questions from that perspective.

I think the pens look very nice.

paprgypc

Question

The larger photo really shows off the pens. Nice work.

How did you get the larger pictures to come up on this site. All I am able to get is the smaller pictures?

Thanks for your help.

DennisM

Thanks for the compliments, As for the woods, I have no idea really, they came in a bulk bag from WC. Wish I did know what they were. As for the pictures, below the section you type your post in there is a button that says Manage attachments. Click that and then upload the pics. Here is another shot of the pens, better lighting and they show a little better, still tweaking the light tent...

Attachments

• DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 147

Munsterlander

Looks like you're off to a good start. 2nd photo is obviously much better.

Hard to tell without closer look at each pen, but the 2nd pen (from left) in the 1st photo / 4th pen in 2nd photo looks like it might be two-tone amboyna - although it seems it would be a little surprising to find a nice piece of amboyna in a WC grab bag. the two reddish ones look like they might bloodwood. 3rd pen in 1st photo (doesn't appear in 2nd photo) looks like it might be canarywood. but total guesses, really hard to tell.

DennisM

Yes, I think the red ones are blood wood, I have a few more pieces of that, as for the others who knows.

Here is a better pic of the two tone one...

Attachments

• DSC00158.jpg
    DSC00158.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 118

GouletPens

there's no way WC would throw amboyna in a bulk bag. If the red ones were really dense and oily then they might be bloodwood, but I would bet probably redheart (if they were light and easy to turn). Not bad for your first, and the newer pictures you're showing are much improved!

DennisM

Here is the pic of all the blanks right after I took them out of the bag.

The 4th one on top from left is the one that pen was made out of...

Attachments

• DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 103
Top Bottom