SKM-192 Click Mechanism Tap Group Purchase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hokie

Welcome to the SKM-192 Click Mechanism Tap group Purchase! My name is Jeremy and I will be your group purchase organizer.

This buy is for an M4.2 x 0.35 tap meant to accommodate the Schmidt SKM-192 click mechanism in kitless click pens. No matching die option is available.

The quoted pricing from Tapco based on quantity ordered is as follows for a basic tapered tap:

M4.2 x 0.35 6H HSS D3 4FL PLUG for brass
  • 1 pc price = $202.40 each NET
  • 2 pc price = $140.48 each NET
  • 3 pc price = $101.76 each NET
  • 6 pc price = $65.12 each NET
  • 9 pc price = $48.32 each NET
  • 12 pc price = $39.52 each NET
  • 24 pc price = $34.40 each NET <---- New discount threshold added!
  • 48 pc price = $30.08 each NET <---- New discount threshold added!
Manufacture time = 4-5 working days

There is an option to have your tap coated in titanium for increased longevity. The price for titanium coating is:
  • Titanium Nitride (TIN) = $2.53 per tap plus an additional 4-5 working days
  • Titanium Carbo-Nitride (TICN) = $3.42 per tap, plus an additional 6-7 working days
For ease of processing and to keep costs lower, I will ask Tapco to hold all taps until all manufacturing and coating processes are complete for the entire order prior to shipping. This means the likely total manufacture time will be 10-12 days according to the estimates above.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

If you would like to participate, comment on this post indicating your desire to place an order and complete/submit the provided order form HERE (Unlinked. Orders are closed!).

THE CUTOFF FOR PLACING ORDERS IS: Tuesday, April 16 at 9:00 PM EST.

Since the discount we receive depends on the number of orders, the exact cost of your items can't be 100% determined until all orders have been placed. Initial response indicates the maximum discount is likely.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot be held responsible for the quality of the tap manufactured by Tapco. If the threads made by the tap purchased in this group buy do not accommodate the SKM-192, there is nothing I can do to rectify the issue personally. We must all be in agreement that "M4.2 x 0.35 6H HSS D3 4FL PLUG" as noted above are suitable specifications.

PAYMENT

You will receive one invoice from me via DM after the group purchase closes. It will amount to:
  • The cost of your total tap order (adjusted for quantity discounts noted above), plus
  • Shipping from me to you (detailed below), plus
  • An even share of an estimated shipment from Tapco to me of $25 (if there are 25 participants, each will have $1 added to their invoice for the Tapco shipment fee).
Payments may be made with PayPal 'Friends and Family' or Zelle. I will provide payment details/instructions with your invoice. Chief among them will be my payment IDs and a requirement for you to include your IAP username and other identifying information in the payment information field so I can accurately match orders with payments.

THE PAYMENT DEADLINE IS: Thursday, April 18 at 9:00 EST.

PayPal "Friends and Family" or Zelle are accepted payment options. Instructions for payment to either will be provided in the invoice you receive via DM. Regarding the "Friends and Family" requirement:
In 2022, new regulatory requirements made "Goods and Services" transactions taxable to sellers over a certain threshold. This option is NOT viable and will NOT be accepted as it will trigger a 1099 and will be seen as taxable income to me, your group purchase organizer. There is $0 mark-up on group purchases and therefore "Goods and Services" is not appropriate. I am not selling these taps to you. I am merely volunteering my services as an intermediary between you and Tapco.

SHIPPING AND INSURANCE
Domestic Participants:
For those located in the United States, I will be shipping your orders to you via USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box. I use PirateShip.com to purchase the postage at a rate of $8.51. It comes with $100 insurance. If you wish to apply more insurance, you may indicate that in the order form. I will add $0.25 to your invoice for shipping labels and protective padding in the box.

International Participants:
I will ship internationally. International members should be aware that shipping and other fees are higher. You have the option to choose USPS, UPS, or the cheapest between the two. USPS is usually cheaper, but you may prefer UPS if your home country's postal service is unreliable. USPS might NOT include insurance. UPS includes $100 of insurance. The order form allows you to select your shipping provider as well as any added insurance you wish to purchase. You are responsible for any of your country's import taxes/duties/customs/import fees or any other charges required by your respective governments or chosen shipping company. I will provide you the most accurate invoice based on your initial order form selections. If you have a serious objection to the invoiced amount, I must request that we arrive at an agreed upon change in shipping options within 24 hours of the initial invoice being provided.

Processing and Re-Shipment to Participants:
I will need up to a week to break down the whole order, organize items by participant, purchase shipping, and re-assemble orders. This timing should be a worst-case scenario based on the number of people who have expressed interest leading to this announcement, but I want to account for any unforeseen issues with the order or my own availability.

Everyone will receive a tracking number via DM as soon as it is available.

OTHER ITEMS

If you may have paid more than you owed, I will refund any amount over $1. Any amount under $1 per participant will be combined and donated to IAP.

This is a custom order to Tapco, so nothing is expected to be backordered.

Approximate Number of Taps Requested: 60 (not official until all payments are collected)
Last Updated: 4/18/2024 @ 12:03pm EST

Last edited:

d_bondi

Hello Everyone, for those of you, LIKE ME, that may not know the difference between TIN and TICN....

This is from distalsteel.com

"Our recommended coating for taps for farriers is Titanium Carbonitride (TiCN). This coating is close in price to TiN but is harder (3000 vickers/87 Hrc vs 2300 vickers/81 Hrc) and has a lower coefficient of friction (.45 vs .65) than TiN. For farriers tapping by hand or using impact guns, that lower coefficient of friction is critical to being able to quickly get shoes tapped and minimize broken taps. The hardness means you get more for your money and have to stock fewer taps."

NJturner

2 for me as well. TINC

Welcome to the SKM-192 Click Mechanism Tap group Purchase! My name is Jeremy and I will be your group purchase organizer.

This buy is for an M4.2 x 0.35 tap meant to accommodate the Schmidt SKM-192 click mechanism in kitless click pens. No matching die option is available.

The quoted pricing from Tapco based on quantity ordered is as follows for a basic tapered tap:

M4.2 x 0.35 6H HSS D3 4FL PLUG for brass
  • 1 pc price = $202.40 each NET
  • 2 pc price = $140.48 each NET
  • 3 pc price = $101.76 each NET
  • 6 pc price = $65.12 each NET
  • 9 pc price = $48.32 each NET
  • 12 pc price = $39.52 each NET
Manufacture time = 4-5 working days

There is an option to have your tap coated in titanium for increased longevity. The price for titanium coating is:
  • Titanium Nitride (TIN) = $2.53 per tap plus an additional 4-5 working days
  • Titanium Carbo-Nitride (TICN) = $3.42 per tap, plus an additional 6-7 working days
For ease of processing and to keep costs lower, I will ask Tapco to hold all taps until all manufacturing and coating processes are complete for the entire order prior to shipping. This means the likely total manufacture time will be 10-12 days according to the estimates above.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

If you would like to participate, comment on this post indicating your desire to place an order and complete/submit the provided order form HERE.

THE CUTOFF FOR PLACING ORDERS IS: Tuesday, April 16 at 9:00 PM EST.

Since the discount we receive depends on the number of orders, the exact cost of your items can't be 100% determined until all orders have been placed. Initial response indicates the maximum discount is likely.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot be held responsible for the quality of the tap manufactured by Tapco. If the threads made by the tap purchased in this group buy do not accommodate the SKM-192, there is nothing I can do to rectify the issue personally. We must all be in agreement that "M4.2 x 0.35 6H HSS D3 4FL PLUG" as noted above are suitable specifications.

PAYMENT

You will receive one invoice from me via DM after the group purchase closes. It will amount to:
  • The cost of your total tap order (adjusted for quantity discounts noted above), plus
  • Shipping from me to you (detailed below), plus
  • An even share of an estimated shipment from Tapco to me of $25 (if there are 25 participants, each will have $1 added to their invoice for the Tapco shipment fee).
Payments may be made with PayPal 'Friends and Family' or Zelle. I will provide payment details/instructions with your invoice. Chief among them will be my payment IDs and a requirement for you to include your IAP username and other identifying information in the payment information field so I can accurately match orders with payments.

THE PAYMENT DEADLINE IS: Thursday, April 18 at 9:00 EST.

PayPal "Friends and Family" or Zelle are accepted payment options. Instructions for payment to either will be provided in the invoice you receive via DM. Regarding the "Friends and Family" requirement:
In 2022, new regulatory requirements made "Goods and Services" transactions taxable to sellers over a certain threshold. This option is NOT viable and will NOT be accepted as it will trigger a 1099 and will be seen as taxable income to me, your group purchase organizer. There is $0 mark-up on group purchases and therefore "Goods and Services" is not appropriate. I am not selling these taps to you. I am merely volunteering my services as an intermediary between you and Tapco.

SHIPPING AND INSURANCE
Domestic Participants:
For those located in the United States, I will be shipping your orders to you via USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box. I use PirateShip.com to purchase the postage at a rate of $8.51. It comes with $100 insurance. If you wish to apply more insurance, you may indicate that in the order form. I will add $0.25 to your invoice for shipping labels and protective padding in the box.

International Participants:
I will ship internationally. International members should be aware that shipping and other fees are higher. You have the option to choose USPS, UPS, or the cheapest between the two. USPS is usually cheaper, but you may prefer UPS if your home country's postal service is unreliable. USPS might NOT include insurance. UPS includes $100 of insurance. The order form allows you to select your shipping provider as well as any added insurance you wish to purchase. You are responsible for any of your country's import taxes/duties/customs/import fees or any other charges required by your respective governments or chosen shipping company. I will provide you the most accurate invoice based on your initial order form selections. If you have a serious objection to the invoiced amount, I must request that we arrive at an agreed upon change in shipping options within 24 hours of the initial invoice being provided.

Processing and Re-Shipment to Participants:
I will need up to a week to break down the whole order, organize items by participant, purchase shipping, and re-assemble orders. This timing should be a worst-case scenario based on the number of people who have expressed interest leading to this announcement, but I want to account for any unforeseen issues with the order or my own availability.

Everyone will receive a tracking number via DM as soon as it is available.

OTHER ITEMS

If you may have paid more than you owed, I will refund any amount over $1. Any amount under $1 per participant will be combined and donated to IAP.

This is a custom order to Tapco, so nothing is expected to be backordered.

Approximate Number of Taps Requested: 18 (not official until all payments are collected)
Last Updated: 4/3/2024 @ 9:15am
I am in for 2 with TiNC...

Thanks for putting this together!

Kevin

hokie

Thanks to those who have submitted orders so far.

As a reminder when filling out the order form: The shipping carrier option is only available for international orders! As noted in the announcement above, all US participants will be receiving their orders via USPS small flat rate box.

US participants may ignore that question in the order form. All other questions are required.

Thanks again and please let me know if there are any questions or concerns!

hokie

New Update:
Additional volume discounts provided by Tapco! Main post has been updated to reflect.

We blew past their 24 threshold (assuming everyone is committed to their orders so far). 48 is the next goal!

woodwzrd

New Update:
Additional volume discounts provided by Tapco! Main post has been updated to reflect.

We blew past their 24 threshold (assuming everyone is committed to their orders so far). 48 is the next goal!
what is the current count?

duncsuss

New Update:

With the 48 piece threshhold in sight, I'd like to change my order from 1 unit to 2 units - should I fill out the form again or can you adjust the number without me doing that?

Thanks!

hokie

With the 48 piece threshhold in sight, I'd like to change my order from 1 unit to 2 units - should I fill out the form again or can you adjust the number without me doing that?

Thanks!
I can make an adjustment on my end. I will also be invoicing you at the conclusion of the open period at which point you can confirm the number as well.

hokie

Hi everyone!
As a reminder, the group purchase ends in three days. If you've been thinking about making an order, do so sooner than later.
For those that have placed orders, the turnaround time for payment is relatively short. If you think you may need to alter your order for any reason, let me know so I can keep the tap count as accurate as possible for pricing purposes. I'm also hoping this post serves as a reminder to anyone who might have forgotten the deadline is arriving so they can make sure their funds are in order.
It has been a long open period. Not may opportunities for this tap at this price.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Dieseldoc

Hi everyone!
As a reminder, the group purchase ends in three days. If you've been thinking about making an order, do so sooner than later.
For those that have placed orders, the turnaround time for payment is relatively short. If you think you may need to alter your order for any reason, let me know so I can keep the tap count as accurate as possible for pricing purposes. I'm also hoping this post serves as a reminder to anyone who might have forgotten the deadline is arriving so they can make sure their funds are in order.
It has been a long open period. Not may opportunities a this tap at this price.

Thank you!
I signed up for one BUT can do two if needed for your buy account

Top Bottom