Skinny pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Flat Top American Double Twist similar to 1940's Parkers is a fairly thin Parker refill ball point, and it is a really nice pen.

penicillin

I like the Slimline Pro. I am not sure that it is the "thinnest" but it should be close. It uses the same "O" = 8mm drill as the American Double Twist pen above. You can get them at Rockler or Penn State. Penn State has the matching pencil kits. It comes in multiple finishes:
Notes:
* It is a click pen, not a twist pen.
* Some people do not like the click mechanism that comes with these pens, but I like them just fine.
* It comes with a Parker-size gel ink refill.

https://www.rockler.com/slimline-pro-gel-click-pen-hardware-kit-24k-gold
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PK-PENXX.html
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PK-PCLXX.html

Photo: Slimline pens in cocobolo and bocote, plus a Slimline Pro pen and pencil set in Kryptonite Glow Stonez. The Slimline pens are rejects destined for donation to the local public library. The Slimline Pro set is my favorite personal set at my desk. I use it every day. I like thin straight pens, but my friends tease me about it. I make shaped curvy pens once in a while, just to shut up my friends.

Slimline and Slimline Pro.JPG

magpens

The thinnest that I know about is the PSI Slimline Pro pen kit. . It uses a 8 mm brass tube set and a Parker refill. . Go to PSI website to view.
EDIT: . A fine example was also pictured immediately above as I was typing my "contribution" to this thread.

This is a pet project of mine, actually. . I have been working on a custom design that uses a Parker refill in a 7 mm tube with a click mechanism.
I am not ready to report on it yet because there is a lingering problem that has to be solved in order to make this design practical.

Last edited:

penicillin

P.S. Technical note about Slimline Pro pens:
-> Measure the length of your blanks very carefully as you mill the blanks, before turning. Each blank must be precisely 2+1/32 inches = 2.03 inches in length.

The extended pen tip position depends on a very accurate combined length of the two tubes. DAMHIK. I always use calipers to check them before turning.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I think someone should run a BASH contest for the skinniest functional pen. Best functional; best aesthetics, etc. I think they could be made much thinner than they are now. AND I do have people ask me for a thinner pen when holding a slimline. So, there is a market out there, small but here none-the-less.

(No, I am not volunteering for doing that. Someone asked for ideas about 10 years ago and I gave one. I didn't know they were asking for volunteers to do a bash.)

MTViper

My choice for a thin pen with a Parker refill is the Tetra from Berea. It's an 8mm tube twist pen with a mesh stylus on tope. Checking their website, they are out of stock at Berea but Exotic Blanks and Beartooth Woods both have them in stock. Great pen.

David350

My favorite slim (parker) pen for ladies is the Zoe (daycom kit). I have bought them at Turners Warehouse in the past but I see they are out of stock now. I know Exotic Blanks started offering it recently as the Diana. With the Diana, EB offers 4 plating choices whereas I think Turners Warehouse only offered the Rhodium plating. EB even has a nice 4 pen starter kit with the bit and bushings for under $39....

Top Bottom