Skew Chisel Jig for Belt Sander

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I know this can be done free hand, but was wondering if anyone knew of a jig to attach to a Kalamazoo 1 x 42 belt sander.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Check out some of the grinding stands from Rockler etc. you might have to make some ply packers to lift it to suit. Look also at the wolverine type assembly, with some mount type modification, they will work also.
Kryn

Edward Cypher

Capt Eddie shows in a video how to make the one wildman posted. He even sells a gouge holder that works with it. Of course he is not producing any currently due to him being in the hospital.

Fay Prozora

I have seen things on youtube that looks similar to a planer that a person can put a chisel in or a blade to a planer in and sharpen on a bench grinder so I too think it can be done. So I don't know why a person couldn't make some thing like that. Good luck with what ever you use. Fay

TonyL

I just called Kalamazoo technical support and learned that the work table (about 3 x 3 inches) can be safely removed and therefore make the unit more compatible with the wolverine systems. We will see.

KenV

Tony -- I have a couple of wolverine tables that are extra --- back to you if you want them to work with -- one standard and one mini as I remember.

I am using Reed Gray's RoboRest and liking it better -- fast setting to 5 degree increments.

Drop me a PM and I can have the on the way to you.

Wildman

TonyL

Thanks Bill:

I just bought about a dozen belts from Lee Valley. Some AO, some Trizact, and some Zirconian, a leather lapping something . A fellow turner told me what to get.

Top Bottom