Skeleton Clock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TribalRR

TribalRR

The wife has been getting on me for filling my shop with new tools and not making anything for her but just a couple of pens...ouch! I've been wanting to do a clock forever anyway so I chose this skeleton clock guts from Klockit and cut up a Splated Maple log I've been nibbling at. Let me know what you think about my first clock. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Chip, that's a fantastic clock! I think I've found what I'm gonna make my dad for Christmas....lol.
I looked at the Klockit site and was amazed to find that my wife had hauled in a thrift store find the other day....This clock
http://www.klockit.com/products/product.aspx?sku=IIIIJ&tab= . Had all the paper work with it. Reciept says the works were $389.95. She got it for $15.00. It needs a couple of repairs and a few parts of the cabinet needs finishing. I'm hoping the works are ok but all in all it'll be a good looking clock when I'm through!

rdunn12

That is really nice man.I love making clocks.What are the demensions of the top and base.Looks real close to the same size of some mantle clocks I have done.Great work man,I am sure that one got you a few style points with the wife.

VisExp

The wife has been getting on me for filling my shop with new tools and not making anything for her but just a couple of pens...ouch!

That reminds me of a cartoon. One lady says to the other "How is your husbands new woodworking hobby coming along?" The second lady replies, "Can I interest you in a $5000 paper towel holder?" :biggrin:

The clock looks great Chip. I'm sure you scored big points with your wife!

TribalRR

Thanks everyone!

Nice score Mick, I would love to make a grandfather clock.

Ronald, the deminsions are 8 3/4"W x 8 1/4"H x 3 3/4"D and most of the stock is 7/8" thick.

LMAO Keith, thats about right...

titan2

Chip, that's a fantastic clock! I think I've found what I'm gonna make my dad for Christmas....lol.
I looked at the Klockit site and was amazed to find that my wife had hauled in a thrift store find the other day....This clock
http://www.klockit.com/products/product.aspx?sku=IIIIJ&tab= . Had all the paper work with it. Reciept says the works were $389.95. She got it for $15.00. It needs a couple of repairs and a few parts of the cabinet needs finishing. I'm hoping the works are ok but all in all it'll be a good looking clock when I'm through!

Now, if that clock was actually made by Norm Abrams.......that would of been a killer deal!

Good luck on the project!

Top Bottom