Site tweaks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
You may have noticed that I've made a few small changes on the front page. Moved the search box, now there are three random member photos, etc.

I'm thinking about changing the Member-Submitted Links box a little. Now it has four links each of Most Recent, Most Popular, Top Rated. (Just FYI, popularity is calculated on the number of clicks from our links to their page, rating is based on the user rating on our links page.) Because the top rated sites are often the most popular, there is duplication. Woodturningz, POC, and AZ are duplicated, for instance.

How about eliminating Most Popular, and showing the top 5 most recent and top rated? I could also put one or more random links up too. Other ideas?

Any other front page improvements you'd like to see?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I like the idea of the random links, in addition to the top rated and most recent.

I'd like to see a link to the Active Topics from the home page, if it isn't too much trouble.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Active Topics link is at the bottom of the "From Our Discussions" box on the right hand side of the page. I get that question a lot, so I should probably move it somewhere more visible.

vick

not sure but the random photo may be off. When I just logged in two of my pens were on the random photo. And the photos were right next to each other in the album(cap off, capon). The odds seem pretty bad that 2 of the 4 would be from one member

dfurlano

I don't know if this is a good idea but I would like to see a daily randomly selected "show off your pens" thread from the archives. Maybe selected by more than an average number of views. Some of the stuff in the archives is great.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />I don't know if this is a good idea but I would like to see a daily randomly selected "show off your pens" thread from the archives. Maybe selected by more than an average number of views. Some of the stuff in the archives is great.
Very interesting idea, Dan. That's not too hard to do. I'll look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom