Single step bit for JoWo #6 nib unit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Spent some shop time tuning my use of this step bit for the JoWo #6 nib unit.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Photoroom-20240525_153047.pngPhotoroom-20240525_153346 (1).png
Photoroom-20240525_153231.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Nice work on the step drill, Don - but it hurts seeing the beat-up tip of that nib. Looks like you might have screwed the cap on before checking the internal clearance ... don't ask how I know that's one way of getting into this condition.

its_virgil

Nice work on the step drill, Don - but it hurts seeing the beat-up tip of that nib. Looks like you might have screwed the cap on before checking the internal clearance ... don't ask how I know that's one way of getting into this condition.
The bit is from Rick Harrell and it definitely speed the process. The nib is now my shop nib. And yes, mis-measured the cap hole a few pens back. I trust you hurt will soon subside. :)

duncsuss

The bit is from Rick Harrell and it definitely speed the process. The nib is now my shop nib. And yes, mis-measured the cap hole a few pens back. I trust you hurt will soon subside. :)
Rick is the man - he's made bits for me in both Bock & JoWo #5 and #6 sizes, and one for my "normal" cap (M13x0.8x3). Cuts down on all the bit changes and ensures alignment, double-win.

its_virgil

Rick is the man - he's made bits for me in both Bock & JoWo #5 and #6 sizes, and one for my "normal" cap (M13x0.8x3). Cuts down on all the bit changes and ensures alignment, double-win.
I started using Rick's sliding tap and die holder. It uses ER32 collets to hold the taps and die holders. Accuracy greatly improved. Sold my Niche sliding tap and die holder. Collets not included.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

1000002445-01.jpeg
1000002442-01.jpeg
1000002435-01.jpeg

Last edited:

hooked

Just so people know, I recently sent Rick a #8 Magna Carta steel nib that you can get from Meisternibs and tap to make me a step drill. It works great and he now offers a step drill for the #8 nib too.

Top Bottom