Singing praises of desert iron wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Since using this wood we have typically seen this shave set missing. Today was the day to replace the missing set. I'm am always impressed with the detail, color variation and ease of turning/finishing with this wood. Drilling is a pain in the $&@"$ as the shavings stick to the drill bit with great force. No worries once the piece is drilled.

If you don't make pens, shave items or bottle stoppers with this wood - treat yourself!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4337.jpeg
    IMG_4337.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 109
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Since using this wood we have typically seen this shave set missing. Today was the day to replace the missing set. I'm am always impressed with the detail, color variation and ease of turning/finishing with this wood. Drilling is a pain in the $&@"$ as the shavings stick to the drill bit with great force. No worries once the piece is drilled.

If you don't make pens, shave items or bottle stoppers with this wood - treat yourself!!!
Wow! That is stunning, beautiful job. That finish is impeccable.

Darios

I've been hitting the local wood store weekly waiting for them to resupply. My stash is gone and I'm jonesing for some more.

mmayo

Thanks for the kind remarks and likes. I really like this one too.

We sell a set like this for $130.

PreacherJon

Beautiful! Drilling a big pain. Turning... even for a pen, I find myself having to go back and sharpen a couple of times. Stuff is hard!

moke

Mark, that set is very well done....I love the fact that you used similar shapes on all pieces and the grain is great! Well done!

derekdd

Gorgeous woods. Makes for a very handsome shaving set.

I have a dozen or so DIW blanks waiting for my attention.

Top Bottom