Since there was an Abalone sale...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from McKenzie Penworks

Figured I'd better better buy a few blanks right? Also wanted to try out some pen kits I somehow had been ignorant of until I started getting active here.

Aaron Fountain pen in Rhodium/22kt gold. Blank is natural Abalone. I probably should have read that the Aaron uses slightly longer tubes... That recessed spring had me scratching my head for a bit trying to figure out why this wouldn't go together easily with the standard JR tubes from the blanks. :redface:

In any case, I think it's a great looking pen! My photos don't really do the shine of the abalone justice though.

Attachments

• AbaloneFountain-8.jpg
    AbaloneFountain-8.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 218
  • AbaloneFountain-10.jpg
    AbaloneFountain-10.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 163
  • AbaloneFountain-1.jpg
    AbaloneFountain-1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 195
  • AbaloneFountain-9.jpg
    AbaloneFountain-9.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 181
Tim, If you drum like you make pens you are quite a drummer.

Thanks! I actually came to realize I'm better at building drums than playing them. Many a time I put an instrument into another drummer's hands and thought to myself "Man, it's a good thing he has that thing instead of me!" :wink: Drum building kinda went by the wayside as I had a family but I still have room for pens thankfully!

Really the kudos for this one go to Classic Nib for the kit and Signature Pen Supply for the beautiful Abalone (at a discount even) My poor sheltered self hadn't even heard of either supplier until I started posting here again. Going to be expensive folks to know but worth every penny.

Top Bottom