Simple Gisi Jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Built a new simplified jig to make Gisi blanks. Really makes Gisi blanks Childs play. Precision is pretty spot on, I'm a happy camper. 😃

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpeg
    IMG_3759.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3757.jpeg
    IMG_3757.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Also can you turn one and show a finished product. Looks interesting. The jig looks like it can be expanded for further use also. Nice work.

KenB259

Also can you turn one and show a finished product. Looks interesting. The jig looks like it can be expanded for further use also. Nice work.
Yes planning on turning one and I've already have another blank in mind to be made with this jig.

jttheclockman

Yes planning on turning one and I've already have another blank in mind to be made with this jig.
Yes I have several Gisi blanks that I want to try at some time. Maybe I will grab a copy of your jig and help save some learning time. I am probably into about 25 to 30 pens now that I need to start snapping photos of. Maybe one day I will just dedicate to photo shooting them. Have not even gotten to my list of pool cue pens I want to make. I was cleared to return to the shop this past week from surgeon so that is a good thing.

KMCloonan

Ken, as the others, I would love to see your jig in use. It looks like it could really help with cutting the angles for the chevrons. I used a table saw sled with fixed angle guides to make this pen, but it was cumbersome.

Gisi.jpg

Top Bottom