Simple Cigar with one of Rocky B's Fantastic Old Growth Redwood Lace Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

Today's pen is a simple Gold Cigar made with one of the fantastic Old Growth Redwood Lace Burl pen blanks from Rocky B. He used to live in Humboldt County, CA in the heart of the Readwood country where he worked in the days of big wood harvesting.

All of the Old Growth Redwood blanks I have from Rocky are from Falk, CA. which is a logging ghost town founded in 1884 by Noah Falk. If flourished until 1937 when the logging mill shut down during the great depression. A dozen or so residents lingered in Falk into the 1940's, but in the 50's it was abandoned and became a ghost town. Abandoned for 30 years, it was considered a liability concern for the owners, Sierra Pacific Lumber Co., so they razed the buildings in 1979. There is little evidence left of a once thriving logging community other than the enormous Redwood stumps left behind.

The pictures just do not convey the amazing chatoyancy of this blank. - Dave

IMG_2216 Cropped.jpg IMG_2214 Cropped.jpg IMG_2215 Cropped.jpg

IMG_2217 Cropped.jpgIMG_2218 Cropped.jpgIMG_2219 Cropped.jpgIMG_2220 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

That is a very rich looking pen if you are selling it... I would have a hard time turning that one loose though

KMCloonan

Very nice. Great pairing with the gold Cigar kit.

I just ordered some old growth redwood burl blanks last week from Rocky. Looking forward to receiving them any day now.

Top Bottom