Silver slimline with custom cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I wanted to try something new. I've made two pens with custom finials so I thought I would see if I could make a custom cap for a slimline. I miced out the cap that came with the components and went to work. I'm really happy with the way it came out. I did have to use a press to get the cap on and I use a bit of 5 min. epoxy just to be sure it stays in place. I finished with WTF. I'm not sure what the blank is. All C & C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Nice job Dan. Next step make the cap end a little larger so the clip will fit inside with just a slot for it to fit through, or if you are interested woodnwhimsies has the threaded insert that the 7mm euro uses EURO Cap Screw
and CSUSA has the stud to screw into that and the finial you make, they also have a mandrel for making the finial.
Artisan European Pen Cap Stud | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA
Artisan European Pen Cap Stud Mandrel | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA

Makes it relatively easy to do a screw on finial like the euro has for any 7mm pen or pencil.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you Rick. I've been looking at my euro kits to see if I can removed the screw and reuse it for my own cap. Now I know I can buy one and a mandrel if need be. Thanks for the info. For this pen I wanted to see if I could make a cap that was as close to the one in the kit as I could even to the point of having to press it in place.

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you Brian G, I know you can do it you are from Minnesota. We can do anything we put our minds to. I know this is fact since I was born and raised there.:biggrin:

BSea

Very nice job. It's really fun to modify slims. Most of mine don't even look like slims when I'm through.

I have the mandrel for the euro. Frankly, it's more trouble than it's worth IMHO. You can do the dome cap just like you did the cap for the slimline except the tenon will be skinnier. It just wont thread on, you'll have to glue it.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
So many people overlook the lowly old slimline. There is so munch you can do with it. Yours looks really great!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you Bob, Bob, Steve, Brian, Jim and Michael for your comments. I want to challenge myself to see what I can do. And yes failure is an option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom