"Silver Princess" Eucalyptus caesia burl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finally got this finished and feel pretty pleased with the result. It measures 9.25in x 6in and the walls are approx 5/8". I would have liked to have the walls thinner but due to the fragile state of the piece I wasn't game to go any thinner. Even though I had a metal band holding it together.
The guy who gave me the burl, and wants to buy the finished piece, was not very impressed with the bag of shavings I offered him?:mad: Don't know why.
The finish is "Krylon" special blend clear varnish.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 361
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 298
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

minus459

Damn, I was just about to ask where you got a caesia burl that big and I saw WA...............bugger you guys are spoilt over there. Want to send me some to Vic....please.....lol. Absolutely beautiful mate......well done. I've grown that magnificent tree over here and it is a spindly thing, but it is beautiful. I must get across to your side before I cark it and see what it should look like.

Cheers
undies

robutacion

Hi Bob,

That did turn out pretty "chick", mate and while you may be a little disappointed that you had to give it back, the big reward was to be able to work on it and create the piece, no different than any other piece we make and we want to keep but endup selling.

The pics will be kept forever as a memoir of the opportunity so, don't worry, many other exquisite chunks of wood will come your way...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom