Silver overlay fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

In my journey of becoming more proficient with hand engraving, I have been trying to be more deliberate about what I engrave and trying to consider the composition as a whole, rather than engraving random leaves or other motifs. I got some inspiration from some moldings on an old building I frequently walk by when taking my dog for a walk, so designed this pen based on it. I used a blue Cebloplast for the base of the pen, and fabricated the overlay and trim from silver. The nib is a #6 jowo , and is converter filled. I have about 30 hours of work into the pen, and I am happy with how it came out.
62A2E617-F910-4639-9702-2320D9DC8161.jpeg
0FBA4E13-3170-4CC9-8908-18AA536CC88B.jpeg
28171DEC-BD86-498B-8A45-A44F8EB12356.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lmstretch

Wow! Wow! & Wow!
Beautiful work!
pens like this give me the inspiration to keep trying to up my game.
are you a jeweler by trade and do you do the carving on a flat piece and then roll it and solder it together?

jalbert

Wow! Wow! & Wow!
Beautiful work!
pens like this give me the inspiration to keep trying to up my game.
are you a jeweler by trade and do you do the carving on a flat piece and then roll it and solder it together?
Thank you. I studied metalsmithing/jewelry design for several semesters as part of my undergraduate degree, but I've never been a practicing jeweler.
I do my engraving on a round tube, but you could of course do all the engraving on a flat sheet and then make it into a tube.

rixstix

Stunning pen John.

I am a fan of the satin finishes and it looks great on this pen. I like the cap ring which is proud of the cap. Is it swaged in place or multi-piece fit?

Before I read your source of inspiration, I thought of ornate picture frame mouldings (being a picture framer in a past life).

jalbert

Stunning pen John.

I am a fan of the satin finishes and it looks great on this pen. I like the cap ring which is proud of the cap. Is it swaged in place or multi-piece fit?

Before I read your source of inspiration, I thought of ornate picture frame mouldings (being a picture framer in a past life).
I love all that old baroque, rococo, Victorian stuff!
The cap is Threaded together like this one
9061C813-362F-440D-95EB-78B3FE871303.jpeg

Pierre---

Threads over threads, the assembled cap should be quite thick I would guess?
Do you use glue also, belt with suspenders, or do you like it to be repairable?

A great pen, joining several very different skills, congratulations!

Sri Pens

In my journey of becoming more proficient with hand engraving, I have been trying to be more deliberate about what I engrave and trying to consider the composition as a whole, rather than engraving random leaves or other motifs. I got some inspiration from some moldings on an old building I frequently walk by when taking my dog for a walk, so designed this pen based on it. I used a blue Cebloplast for the base of the pen, and fabricated the overlay and trim from silver. The nib is a #6 jowo , and is converter filled. I have about 30 hours of work into the pen, and I am happy with how it came out. View attachment 370027View attachment 370028View attachment 370029
Very graceful

Top Bottom