Silver overlay fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I had the itch to make a pen with an early 20th century skyscraper-ish motif. I used Ultem resin to construct the pen, and then carved the clip and overlay from wax, and cast them in silver. Over all length is about 5.25" capped, and the cap threads are 13mm diameter. It uses a jowo #6 nib.
D3F7CE5D-D536-4527-BC83-461368E4C3EE.jpeg
C6D2B81E-CB6B-4B6B-8C69-624118C7DB89.jpeg
27E0C554-BFAF-4492-BB21-CEED0C0EDA13.jpeg
D9188D82-704C-445D-BAA2-1BDAF6B0438B.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CjG78

Great concept and beautiful execution. Your skill set is really enviable and amazing mate.
Casey.

sorcerertd

Beautiful! I love the art deco feel and especially how the silver on the barrel flows so well into the clip. Is it double threaded so it lines up on either side every time it's capped?

leehljp

Member Liaison
Why don't you go somewhere else! You make me sick at what I can't do! 😁😁

Absolutely beautiful and so creative! Thanks for posting it!

As I posted many years ago on another thread: "That is what my pens want to be when they grow up!"

jalbert

Beautiful! I love the art deco feel and especially how the silver on the barrel flows so well into the clip. Is it double threaded so it lines up on either side every time it's capped?
No, they're triple. Double would have been ideal, but I've found they don't uncap as quickly as I'd like. I could bump up the pitch of the thread, but that would require me to cut deeper threads, and I don't want to compromise the strength of the cap threads.

Bryguy

John, You keep doing this. Raising the bar every time you post another pen. As a big fan of Art Deco I love this one. Absolutely wonderful design and perfectly executed. Well done.

sorcerertd

No, they're triple. Double would have been ideal, but I've found they don't uncap as quickly as I'd like. I could bump up the pitch of the thread, but that would require me to cut deeper threads, and I don't want to compromise the strength of the cap threads.
Oh, well, it was just a thought about convenience. Pretty much all pens need to hit the right threads to line up the grain/pattern. It's an amazing pen either way!

Top Bottom