Silver Blob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobostro61

DARN!! I should have started pouring the silver 15 seconds earlier. The silver gelled as I was pouring it. Ended up with a silver blob in the middle of the gold. Couldn't do anything to save it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

If you cast with gloves on. When one color gels too quickly, you can reach in with your gloved hands and rip up the gelled blob (squish, pull and twist). Mix the resulting small chunks around in the non jelled colors. Super messy, but it can sometimes give cool results.

Ed

BSea

Silver is one of those that you really have to watch. Plus it's one that is really heavy. So if it goes in too soon, it can sink all the way to the bottom. I actually think you'll have some good results as long as there aren't any bubbles.

Joe S.

If you cast with gloves on. When one color gels too quickly, you can reach in with your gloved hands and rip up the gelled blob (squish, pull and twist). Mix the resulting small chunks around in the non jelled colors. Super messy, but it can sometimes give cool results.

Ed

Untill you cast your hand stuck! :eek::biggrin:

Bobostro61

Blanks cut up

As requested, here are the pics of the blank after they were cut. The blue is that Mirage Sapphire from my other post. Not sure how the gold will look after its turned...

Exabian

The gold looks like your looking at some one melting down silver or steel in smelter (if you could see through a smelter) I think it looks cool. Post pics after you turn it please I would love to see how it turns out.

Top Bottom