Silmar41?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

OK seems we solved the problem with the thin Gluboost and the whips used. Now I am a huge user of Silmar41 over the years and even though I have switched to Liquid Diamonds epoxy resin for many pours these days I still go back to my roots with Silmar. Let me lay the question out by first saying I am sure everyone knows the proper way to pour liquid out of a gallon can. Being the pour neck is always closest to a corner of the gallon, many people pour from the short side of the gallon and of course they get a mess. The proper way is to pour from the long end of the gallon and what this does is allow air to get behind the liquid and cause a nice even pour. The other way all the liquid covers the opening and no air can get behind the liquid. Try it on a gallon of milk and you will see the difference.

But with that said and that theory and the many times I pour from a gallon of Silmar to get ready for a small pour, no matter which way I turn the gallon can and pour it still makes a mess over the rim and I am cleaning up more as a waste. I believe alot has to do with the consistency of this liquid as opposed to water like liquids. Now following my explanation I do say I get less of a mess pouring from the long end but still a mess. So my question is how does everyone pour silmar into a small container without making a mess. Now I like to keep remaining resin in gallon can because they seal real well and I do not use often enough to pour into smaller containers. any tricks for this situation??

leehljp

Member Liaison
I'm not sure what the size of the opening is, or even if there is one standard size, but here is one that I assume is a 5 gallon opening:

It sure seems like there should be one that would work. Of course, most can top designs, or choice for their cans are made from a watery liquid point of view instead of a much thicker viscosity solution.

SORRY, Just re-read the link above. It is for the whole gallon top, not a pour spout!

Top Bottom