Signing the art...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gragian

gragian

So for those of you who do non-pen stuff, how do you sign your work? Pyrography, nice sharpie-type marker, don't sign anything, etc?

And for those who use pyrography, what would be an inexpensive way to start up with that, since it looks like the equipment can get pricey pretty easily.

Thanks much for any information!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

It depends on the finish being applied. If I'm signing something that is getting a non-water based finish then I use a nonpermanent marker. If the finish is wtaerbased then I use a permanent marker. That way there is no bleeding of the signature. Some nonpermanent markers are better than others.

Michael

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I use a gold metallic paint pen with a fine tip to writ the wood species, date, and sign my name. If it is flat work, I use a forstner bit to drill a recess the depth of a penny and then epoxy in a penny from the current year as my way of dating the piece.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Oh yeah, just don't use a branding iron for custom stuff since it makes it seem too mass produced, IMO. And yes, I do own a branding iron, I just don't use it!

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Cheapest way to do wood burning? I was just at an estate sale and the gentleman had a wood burner made out of a 4-amp batter charger. Pretty simple and seemed to work on his stuff, based on all the signed pieces.

1dweeb

I ask myself...How would a plastic surgeon sign a perfect breast enhancement for a beautiful patient? :biggrin:

Maybe he just enjoys the moment and doesn't need the world to know that he was there. :biggrin::biggrin:

I never sign my work either. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ThomJ

I sign my carvings, or carve my name & date. haven't figured out how to carve my name in a pen tho

Top Bottom