Signature ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This question is probably more for Jeff but maybe someone else can answer. With the last site we were able to upload photos from our files to our signature, I do not see that capability to do that here. Or I am missing it. Can we do this somehow??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Rabchenuk

John , you can add an image to your signature if you click on your account name on the top of the page (next to the mail symbol). When you do it should bring up a list of links, Click on the signature link to open the and in the box. You will find an image if a picture to click on in the top line of the box. This is where you insert your picture in the signature. Hope this makes sense.

jttheclockman

John , you can add an image to your signature if you click on your account name on the top of the page (next to the mail symbol). When you do it should bring up a list of links, Click on the signature link to open the and in the box. You will find an image if a picture to click on in the top line of the box. This is where you insert your picture in the signature. Hope this makes sense.
Still can not get it. I tried copy the photo and paste but that does not work. The photo is not allowing me to get an URL. This was so easy on the other site. Probably not doing something right.

monophoto

It looks to me like it is necessary that images that are to be included in a signature must first be posted on a web site so that you then link by citing a web address (URL). I can't see a way to upload an image file to become part of the signature.

You can upload an image file to be included in a posting, just not in the signature that is automatically applied to every posting.

Some web sites allow you to link images posted on other web sites into postings in addition to uploading an image file directly to the site. My guess is that this is supposed to be a convenience for those who have images posted elsewhere, and don't want to have to go through the hassle of uploading them again (every site seem to have its own set of limitation of file type and file size - there is no 'one size fits all'). But it doesn't always work. For example, the Large Format Photography site (https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum) offers that option, and my experience is that many of the images that are linked from other sites are not visible because the link to the site where they are posted in broken, or because my browser can't handle such 'second-hand' postings.

And there are even a few sites that do not allow posters to upload images, and require that if you want to include an image, it must be posted to some other site. That's a real PITA.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
John

Right now, only remote images are allowed in signatures. The core functionality of the forum doesn't provide it.

For example, Don's signature above has the following in his signature:
[IMG]http://www.thebattlezone.com/decals/decalpix/dl-na-129.jpg[/IMG]

I'll see what I can do in the next few days to allow uploaded signature pics.

jttheclockman

John

Right now, only remote images are allowed in signatures. The core functionality of the forum doesn't provide it.

For example, Don's signature above has the following in his signature:
[IMG]http://www.thebattlezone.com/decals/decalpix/dl-na-129.jpg[/IMG]

I'll see what I can do in the next few days to allow uploaded signature pics.
Not a big deal. If you have the time. Thanks.

Top Bottom