Sierra STYLE Pen Kit Request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I would like to see, or make a list of all of the variations of Sierra STYLE pen kits. If you could help by listing a style by its Style NAME, it would be helpful.

I am not looking for gold, chrome, gun metal, etc, but the "styles" and the Style Name. Alan (alanemorrison) posted one of his here:

I was unaware of the Sirocco style, and last fall there was another style that was shown in a thread that I meant to add into my loose data of pens, but I was so busy that I missed it. Once I get the STYLE name, I can google the vendors who sell it. But googling "Sierra" doesn't give me the lists. IF you want to list the vendors, It will be helpful.

Thanks everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

Wall Street II from Woodcraft. Thank You For Your Service pen from Exotic Blanks. Elegant Executive from Crooked Mill (it's not a normal Executive). Monarch and Elegant Monarch from Turners Warehouse. Sierra Nomad from Berea. Did you want to include the PSI Gatsby pens?

magpens

If you are including various brass tube sizes, but otherwise similar overall body styling, there is this ( intro'd 18+ mons ago ) :

the "Luxor Push Button" pen kit from William Wood-Write .... https://www.penblanks.ca/instructions/english/LuxorPushButton.pdf

Uses 8 mm tube of length 2.78" . . features the Schmidt SKM-88 all-metal click mechanism.

Bushing size ( 2 x 0.447" ) very close to Sierra .

leehljp

Member Liaison
If you are including various brass tube sizes, but otherwise similar overall body styling, there is this ( intro'd 18+ mons ago ) :

the "Luxor Push Button" pen kit from William Wood-Write .... https://www.penblanks.ca/instructions/english/LuxorPushButton.pdf

Uses 8 mm tube of length 2.78" . . features the Schmidt SKM-88 all-metal click mechanism.

Bushing size ( 2 x 0.447" ) very close to Sierra .
I have the Luxor push button and really like it.
Thanks

leehljp

Member Liaison
Wall Street II from Woodcraft. Thank You For Your Service pen from Exotic Blanks. Elegant Executive from Crooked Mill (it's not a normal Executive). Monarch and Elegant Monarch from Turners Warehouse. Sierra Nomad from Berea. Did you want to include the PSI Gatsby pens?
Yes, I know about the Gatsby but if there are a couple of variations, that would be nice. I am making a list of each variation and eventually will post it here. Thanks! Oh, and thank you for the list you included in your post! This is great!

Curly

Hank if you have the Bushings and Tube app You can type 27/64 and get a long list of pens using that size tube. You go down the list and check the vendors and you will have just about all of them even ones you can't get, like the Liberty.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hank if you have the Bushings and Tube app You can type 27/64 and get a long list of pens using that size tube. You go down the list and check the vendors and you will have just about all of them even ones you can't get, like the Liberty.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

qquake

Yes, I know about the Gatsby but if there are a couple of variations, that would be nice. I am making a list of each variation and eventually will post it here. Thanks! Oh, and thank you for the list you included in your post! This is great!
Gatsby, Gatsby Grande, and Gatsby Click.

walshjp17

Don't forget the Smitty's Pen Works (now part of Exotic Blanks) Le Roi series. Le Roi, Le Roi Elegant, Le Roi Major, Le Roi Royale, etc.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Hank,
Do you want the pens that have the standard size sierra twist tube (.40-.41 od x 2.2" length) or just pens that have single tube and look something like a sierra?

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hey Hank,
Do you want the pens that have the standard size sierra twist tube (.40-.41 od x 2.2" length) or just pens that have single tube and look something like a sierra?

I am more interested in the Standard Sized Sierra and its variations. But if there is a list of look-alike pens, that would be helpful to many. I will list them separately. Thanks Ed, for asking.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

This covers SOME of the possibilities

Dehn0045

The Pacifica from woodpenpro might be considered a variant. I'm not sure if tube dimensions are available anywhere online, if you want them I can measure for you, I have a couple kits on hand

leehljp

Member Liaison
The Pacifica from woodpenpro might be considered a variant. I'm not sure if tube dimensions are available anywhere online, if you want them I can measure for you, I have a couple kits on hand
That is OK, I don't need the technicals per se, I just want to be able to see visually - all the different ones for comparisons. I will eventually, in a week or so, make a link list for people to check out. Actually this is for me and for LOML, but I know the single barrel Sierra style comes up often.

magpens

@Dehn0045

Sam, if you don't mind measuring the Pacifica brass tube, please ..... I would be interested in outer diameter and length, please. . Thanks !

Dehn0045

@Dehn0045

Sam, if you don't mind measuring the Pacifica brass tube, please ..... I would be interested in outer diameter and length, please. . Thanks !

Tube OD: 0.409"
Tube ID: 0.391"
Length: 2.204"

I measured 3 different tubes, all twist style, all were within 0.001 on diameters and 0.002 on length.

magpens

@leehljp
Another kit of the type you're looking for just came to mind ....

There's a Dayacom kit, the "Major" .... it uses a brass tube with diameter 27/64" (drill size) and length 2.20" ... same as Sierra twist.

William Wood-Write used to sell this kit, calling it the "Napoleon". . I used to make a lot of these.

Turners Warehouse sells this kit now and they call it by the Dayacom name, the "Major". . . Here's a link ...

Top Bottom