Sierra`s x 4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligget

Hi, done some Sierra pens, real easy to do!
First one is Coffee Tree Burl with chrome plating, finished with Enduro.

2007513182457_PICT0029.jpg

Next up is another Coffee Tree Burl but with satin pearl plating (my daughters choice), Enduro finish.

2007513182654_PICT0018.jpg

Third Sierra is stabilised Quilted Poplar dyed blue, chrome plating, Enduro finish.

2007513182914_PICT0022.jpg

Last but not least is Chechen Burl, chrome plating, Enduro finish.

2007513183032_PICT0036.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking!
Cheers
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Nice set of pens

I, too, will only use enduro from now on. Takes a bit longer than CA, but it's so much easier to get a nice finish. Plus, it isn't so plasic looking as CA tends to look. JMHO

Ligget

Originally posted by UKpenmaker
<br />Excellent work Mark, your daughters choice is good i really like the satin against that blank.
I see you are finishing most of your pens with Enduro now, i am the same as you, it is good stuff[:D]

Hi Andrew, after spending ages getting my CA finishing technique down to a fine art, I am getting annoyed with people not believing it is wood under the finish "it doesn`t feel like wood". So Enduro it is from now on![;)]

doddman70

very nice pens i really like the coffee tree burl i have never seen that before. where did you get that? i think i just may have to get some[:D] again very nice!!

Shane

kkwall

Fine work indeed Mark. I also like the coffee tree burl best! That Enduro finish is very good stuff judging by the finish you are getting.

(PS - Top of the World - Carpenters! Classic!![}:)])

jttheclockman

What is the Enduro finish and how is it applied??? How does it stand up to use??? Someone mention a group buy on this stuff??? Is is a polyurethane???

Ligget

Originally posted by jttheclockman
<br />What is the Enduro finish and how is it applied??? How does it stand up to use??? Someone mention a group buy on this stuff??? Is is a polyurethane???

John - here is a link to where I get mine from, it tells you what Enduro is and how to apply it.
http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_46&products_id=285
There is also a group buy running in this forum you may want to get involved in.

Ligget

I cannot for the life of me rmember where I bought the Coffee Tree Burl, I have only the one blank that I used for the two Sierras, I am thinking it was a freebie with an order.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom