Sierra problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

larryc

I have several of the gold Sierra pens that the black sleeve?(not sure of the proper name of this piece) on the nib section spins free of the metal nib section.
Is there a way that this can be fixed?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A Qtip with some blue or red loctite, from the inside of the nosecone. Be sure to leave it open, with no refill for a day or so, so you dont glue the refill in. This happens with the sierra in a very tiny percentage of pens, but it is annoying when you get the ones that work free.

mmayo

I've found that lots of people are surprisingly cleaver at ruining Sierras. I now Lok Tite the transmission together but not the whole transmission to the nib assembly. For that I use a small slipjaw pliers to tighten it firmly. That solves most of the fidget folks, but some will try to twist the front causing the issue you had.

I watched in mild horror as I talked with one customer as another customer wrenched one of my expensive Triton convertibles trying to open it. I paused my conversation and showed them how to unscrew a fountain pen; they tried five gyrations hard before I got to them. Expect weird stuff.

Top Bottom