Sierra Piano Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Hi everybody!

I finally had the opportunity to try out one of the new Sierra kits from Bill Baumbeck. And I also had a chance to try out the Grand Piano kit from Ken Nelsen in it's new Sierra configuration. I have to say I love the way they go together!

2005121165818_ppen1.jpg

Here's another picture:

2005121165945_ppen2.jpg

I hope you like it!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That is REALLY cool Scott! Too bad the black part of the barrel isn't just a SMIDGE darker, to really match the black on the kit. Otherwise, that's a heck of a pen!

Is the piano on both sides, or just one?

M

Mudder

WOW!

That is a nice one Scott.
I've got a ton of kits and I'll be looking into the piano kit.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Looks like it designed foe it, nice proportions
Good choice.
(Not your fault but I still think both accents should match, kind of like socks.)

melogic

Awesome display of craftsmanship Scott! I really like the piano pen. I'm not much on this style of pen, but you may have changed my outlook on it as well.

Deere41h

Scott that is really great. Nice to see that design expanded to the Sierra. I like the way it turned out and looks. Nice job. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Scott

Thanks Everybody!

This pen really has a nice impact! It's one of those rare combinations that looks good, feels good and works good!

I've been wanting to do an article on one of Ken's laser-cut kits, and he suggested the Sierra kit, as he was just coming out with it, and it would help introduce it. The article will be out in the January issue of More Woodturning.

Jim - The piano is only on one side.

Thanks again!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom