• 10. Gmelia burl with Paella

• 11. From the Grand Canyon State

• 12. 50 Layers of Walnut and Cherry Veneer

• 13. Beautiful Burl

• 14. The IBEW Stands Proud

• 15. Paperbark

• 16. Hexagram

• 17. Swamp Kauri with a Sierra Button Click

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

woodwzrd

We have 17 fantastic entries in the Sierra contest so we will split the group into two polls. Please select your top four favorites from each poll. The top four winners from each poll will advance to a finals poll.

10. Gmelia burl with Paella - Gmelia burl with aluminum/acrylic/aluminum and Paella burl
10. A.jpg
10. B.jpg

11. From the Grand Canyon State - Sierra Click pencil dressed with desert ironwood. GluBoost finish.
11. A.jpg
11. B.jpg

12. 50 Layers of Walnut and Cherry Veneer - Started with multiple groupings of 6-8 alternating layers walnut & cherry glued up, then cut down to 1" strips & glued them together until I had about a 4" by 4" by 1" blank. For this Sierra pen, I cut the large blank on a 45 angle until I had a section large enough for the Sierra tube. Turned it, multi layers of CA, sanded to 12000 micro mesh & polished with Novus. The final count of layers was 50 give or take.
12. A.jpg
12. B.jpg

13. Beautiful Burl - Amboyna burl with CA finish.
13. A.jpg
13. B.jpg
13. C.jpg

14. The IBEW Stands Proud - This 2 toned Copper Sierra Vista kit features a special casted blank that I made. It is adorned with bright copper braiding. The main feature is a genuine IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) watch dial surrounded by brass watch gears both top and bottom with red, white, and blue Swarovski crystal gemstones in the centers. On the back side is a copper lightning bolt charm. All cast in Silmar41 clear casting resin. Turned and polished to a high shine.
14. A.JPG
14. B.JPG
14. C.JPG

15. Paperbark - Spalted paperbark, dyed and stabilized
on a Taylors Mirfield Ares.
15. A.jpg
15. B.jpg
15. C.jpg

16. Hexagram - The blank has 6 different woods each contained in segmented 1/4" thick rings. The ring woods are Rosewood, Cherry, Padauk, Walnut, Pacific Yew, and Eastern Maple. Walnut is used for the ends and center band. The assembled and turned blank was sanded to 400 grit, further sanded with Yorkshire grit, and then topped with Shellawax and a coat of hard wax for a final finish. It is a Maple Leaf kit in black chrome.
16. A.jpg
16. B.jpg
16. C.jpg

17. Swamp Kauri with a Sierra Button Click - Swamp Kauri wood from New Zealand with a sierra button click kit.
17. A.jpg
17. B.jpg

woodwzrd

Only 53 voters so far. I know there are a lot more member looking at this poll than 53. Let's show these entrants some love and cast your votes. There is still 2 days left in this poll to determine who goes to the finals.

woodwzrd

We are down to less than a couple hours to get your final votes in for the preliminary poll. This one is a very tight race. Right now there is a tie for pens 2 and 3 and just a couple votes difference between 4 and 5. This could be a nail biter to see who gets in the finals poll.

I hope to have finals poll up over my lunch hour today.

Top Bottom